Chapter 14

The music pumps loudly through my head as we made our way to the corner by the bar. The people pass around us, the smell of blood thick in the air, filling me with an insatiable lust. Alex holds me tight from behind against his body, almost like he is restraining me. Ladies pick tonight. In my mind without permission are we? How else would you like to talk about selecting your victim? Point well made, for the record, permission granted.

I can hear him laughing.

So any thoughts... what do you normally pick? I, being male, prefer females but, do not pick for me, pick what you want.

I take a big swig of drink. I think that I might need to be drunk for this. Please don't, you need to be able to control your disappearing.

A blonde woman walks past us, skimpy dress that barely covers her over inflated chest. I hear his breath hitch.

Really? What? I heard you gasp at her. I did not. Did too.

She turns the corner towards the bathroom. I grab his hand and follow her. Once we turn the corner, I focus my mind, fixating my mind on disappearing. I turn and see that Alex has already vanished. I tug his hand into the bathroom, just making it before it shuts. We watch as she sprinkles white powder on the vanity and starts creating lines with a razor. Will that affect us? Mildly. He pulls on my hand dragging me to the disabled toilet, I hear the feint sound of locks turning. What are you doing? Locking every door except one. Right on cue we hear her snort the drug and search for a toilet. Alex reappears from behind the door and gestures for me to do so too. She locks the door and turns, jumping when she sees us.

"Shit." she grips her chest; her blue eyes widen. "Sorry, I didn't realise it was occupied. I'll just go."

"It's ok, you can join us if you like." Alex grins at her.

I can see her fall for his charm. He pulls her over and kisses up her neck. I frown as I watch him, the images of that maid flicker through my mind. Don't be a green eyed monster Steph... Get in here and learn. She lets out a tiny moan as he tugs on her lobe. Turning her around he pulls down the tiny dress and holds her against his chest from behind. Come here and feed my love. He kisses up her neck as his fingers slide around to her breasts. Turning her head to kiss him, her neck becomes firm, a vein pulses close to the skin. I move close to her body and sink my teeth into her. Nowhere near as sweet as Alex's blood. She whimpers in his kiss; I can see blood trickle out of her mouth. Kiss her. I lick the dribble from her jaw and kiss her, feeling the blood lessen. I look at her, she has her eyes closed as she enjoys the sensations. Alex has managed to find himself a vein on her wrist. Damn he is so cute when he feeds, his hair flops over his eyes as he looks up at me.

Hurry up before it runs out. I find another vein and bite down. She moans again, this time a little louder. Alex stops feeding, watching me with amusement.

"Ok. She is done." he whispers as he pulls up her dress.

"What?"

He grabs my hand and puts it on her chest. No beat. Oh. He gently moves her to the toilet and closes her eyes. Her body slumps to one side. I go to open the door and he stops me. He waves his hand and the door unlocks.

Why? Fingerprints, I may be royalty and I may have diplomatic immunity but it doesn't mean it won't be a problem and at the moment, another problem is not what I need. We step out into the middle of the room. The disabled toilet door shuts and locks with another wave of his hand. He disappears again and I quickly focus my mind, joining him. I hear the locks slide and the main door open. He takes my hand quickly passing the grumbling women. We weave through the crowd and out onto the street, quickly returning to the car.

"Ok..." he says as he grips the steering wheel. "I think I learned a valuable lesson tonight." he stares out the windscreen.

"What's that?"

"Don't drink from someone who has just done drugs."

I giggle as he drives fast, swerving in and out of the traffic. My head is swimming with the effects of her blood.

"Hey..." Alex says, eyes wide. "You know what I feel like doing?"

Oh god, are you high?

"Yes!" Both hands fly off the steering wheel as he almost cheers his answer.

"Alex!" I screech trying not to giggle.

He puts his hands back onto the steering wheel and presses down on the accelerator, jamming the gear stick into the next gear.

"I feel like going back to the lake for some more skinny dipping and sex."

"Oh really?" I try to stifle a laugh but fail miserably.

"Yeah, all night long."

The birds sing as the sun begins to rise, casting a soft orange tinge over the valley. We lay on our little grass patch, unable to sleep. When he said all night long he really meant all night long, although I suspect it was the woman's blood that kept us awake and zinging. His fingers softly caress my skin.

"Your skin is becoming cooler."

"That's because it's cold."

"No. This is different. Your heart will slow soon."

"Really?"

He nods.

"That is why it is beneficial for the victim's arousal, helps pump the blood through us."

"Oh. Why didn't she freak out?"

"I put her into a lull, I don't really like to struggle with them, just ends up stressing them out."

"Have you done that to me?"

He doesn't answer me. I sit up and look at him, he is sheepishly grinning at me.

"Maybe."

"Oh my god. When?"

"Your birthday and the other night after the fight."

"Naughty boy." I playfully smack him.

He laughs and pushes me to the ground, rolling on top of me.

"You seemed to enjoy it."