Chapter 7

My ball gown is a beautiful red colour, a rich, vibrant material. It is tight around my waist, the corset pulls me in, leaving me short of breath. The dress flows out from my waist, softly kissing the ground with its hem.

"You look beautiful." Alex whispers to me.

He looks upon me so lovingly.

"Thanks. You scrub up pretty good too."

He laughs as he puts a necklace around my bare neck. I look in the mirror as he does it. I didn't see it at first, I guess I was too busy looking at the glittering diamond and ruby monstrosity he was putting on me, but when I finally see it, it freaks me out. He has no reflection. I am staring at myself. The necklace had hovered in the air as it was being put on me. I spin around and see him, grinning at me.

"What's wrong?"

My chest heaves with rapid breathing, my heart races to match it.

"Alex, you don't have a reflection." I whisper.

"I know. Such a bitch to shave." He mutters.

"What are you?"

As he smiles at me his canines grow to a perfect tapered point. I bolt upright, gasping for air. I look around the bed, Alex is gone. A note on the bedside says that he has gone searching for the paper. I am getting sick of the nightmares. I get up from the bed and wander into the bathroom. I gasp when I look in the mirror, more scratches. Damn it Alex. Get a bloody manicurist or file your nails!

"So sick of the scratches." I mutter.

As I clean my teeth I notice two lumps on my neck. I run my fingers over them, two tiny little lumps. Must have been a mosquito in the room. I hear Alex enter the room and walk towards the bathroom.

"Did you get bitten?"

He looks at me a little shocked. "What?"

"There was a mosquito in the room, did you get bitten?"

He chuckles, his shocked face fades away.

"No. All good."

I look out the window, the rain trickles down on the glass, the soft hue of the street lights hurt my eyes. I close them and listen to the sound of the car driving through the puddles of water.

"Do I have to curtsy the Duke and Duchess?"

"Yes."

"Do you?"

"No."

"Do they?"

"No. You will love them, lovely couple."

The driver pulls up beside the kerb, the street is filled with three level town houses, little gardens in front of the windows, neatly manicured hedges.

"No castle or manor house?"

Alex grins.

"No they are young like us, prefer the city life."

"Oh."

"We went to school together."

"Friends?"

"Yes."

The doors open and a beautiful blonde woman opens the door. Teetering in a pair of killer heels, she wears a pair of three quarter black pants, showing off her beautiful frame. Her breasts are pushed up, almost bulging out of the black corset.

"Alex!" She squeals and pulls him in for a hug.

"Come in. Quickly before you let the warm air out."

A Vampire's Life Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara