Chapter 4

I dump the books on the lounge and see Tsar at the window again. Man, this cat is needy. I wonder if he is hungry. I quickly dash out to the kitchen and find a blonde haired maid stacking the dishwasher, her frame stocky and solid.

"Excuse me?"

She bolts upright, her cheeks turn a rosy pink.

"Yes, Miss Collins isn't it?"

"Yes, Stephanie is fine."

"Of course, I am Ingrid."

I smile at her. "Do you have any prawns?"

"Of course."

She opens the refrigerator and pulls out a plastic container and puts them on a plate.

"How many would you like?"

"Just a couple thanks."

"Of course. Anything else?"

"No, that is all, thank you."

She politely nods at me as I hasten back to my room. I open the windows and Tsar meows at me as he walks in.

"And good afternoon to you too. I got you something."

I put the plate on the floor and he sniffs at it, scoffing them down fast.

"Hungry much?"

I turn on my laptop, deciding an email to my parents to update them might be a good idea. I tell them about learning the history of the country and the size of this place, about my room and the lake, definitely omitting the X-rated parts, and of course, my little silver furred friend Tsar. He jumps up on the desk and all I can smell is prawns, gross. He sits and watches me type the email, purring and marking the top of the laptop with his cheeks. When I am done and have nothing left to say, I take one of the books and stretch out on the lounge, delving into it.

Somewhere around chapter two I think, I fell asleep. I wake to find Tsar on my lap, curled up in a little ball, asleep too. I gently lift him off my lap and put him onto the lounge and pick up the book off the floor. Tsar wakes and arches his back up, stretching his body.

"Oh Tsar, what is going to happen when this girl is found?"

I put my head in my hands resting them on my legs.

"Am I just a killing time thing for him?"

He sits and looks at me.

"Why am I asking a cat?"

He jumps down to the ground and wanders out through the window.

"And goodbye to you too Tsar."

He doesn't reappear until late evening. By that stage I have already fallen asleep and woken with another terrible nightmare of a shapeless figure in the shadows. He meows at the window, rubbing against the frame.

I open it and let him in, the cold breeze making me shut it again rather quickly.

"Good evening Tsar, where have you been?"

He jumps up onto the bed and lays down, almost like he is waiting for me to join him.

"Out frolicking with the lady cats?"

I lay down onto the bed on my side, he yawns. I scratch his belly as he begins to purr.

"I had another nightmare about the shadow, Tsar. I don't get them when you are around." I yawn. "But you weren't here." I sleepily say, drifting off.

I wake in the morning feeling rather ill. Of course my little silver perv has found his usual sleeping position and sleeps with a happy look on his face. I pick him up and put him on the bed.