Chapter 31

The servants scurry around the castle, my new home. Upon our arrival, we had found that Gavril's wife and son were still at the residence, causing an uproar. Even though I was a complete bitch to Terrance last night, undermining his authority to save Finn, he still helped me by taking charge and dealing with them. They were being banished to the shape shifter realm, now fully completed and ready for its new residents. They were placed in bonds that restricted them to the new realm, they could never leave, but Terrance is not a mean man, he set them up with money and status. He told them that if he found out that they ever complained or tried to break bonds, he would have them moved to the werewolf realm and their wealth and status would be removed. They reluctantly accepted their new life.

By the evening I had decided to speak with Alex, knowing that it was inevitable that we had to repair what we had, we had to have a relationship, we had to be together. I knew that the reality of it was that I truly did not mind, I wanted to be with him, I always have. I find him in the study with a young man that looks a lot like Finn. I wasn't aware that he had company and begin to excuse myself.

"Alina, wait."

He stops me at the door and turns to the fellow.

"Would you excuse me for a second?"

He nods at Alex and I walk out to the corridor.

"Who is that?"

"That is a wedding present."

"For me, why?"

He nods.

"To feed, to have sex, whatever you want."

"Why?"

He shrugs.

"Doesn't always have to be female, when we feed. I know I said I prefer females but it doesn't mean that I won't drink from a male."

"Alex, this isn't necessary, I just want you to be faithful to me."

"I know and I will be."

"You know that we have to have sex for the marriage to be valid."

He nods. "I would hope that you would want to have sex with me because you love me."

"Alex, I have always loved you but do you love me?"

"Since the second I saw you, I knew that I would spend eternity with you and when I knew that, I knew that I loved you."

I pull him in and kiss him hard.

"Maybe that lesson in lulling that I owe you."

He pushes me to the wall, hands either side of my head.

"To cast and break a lull you should say all four lines, in their entirety, preferably whispering it in their ear, so as not to cast it upon others."

"Ok."

"Angels breath; So close to death, the clouds close in, across your fairness,"

He kisses me. Sweet soft kisses trailing up my jawline. Alex certainly knows how to make me melt.

"Those were the first two lines. The next two, the love of the midnight walker; A sweet kiss from he, Fret not my love; Eternal slumber for thee."

He runs his fingers over my cheek, softly kissing me.

"Got it?"

I nod.

"Go and give it a test run."

He opens the door.

"Alina, my dear this is Jorge."

I politely smile at the fellow.

"Jorge, this is my beautiful wife Alina."

He stares at me, a little stunned. I sit beside him; he looks on with fascination.

"This is your wife?" he looks at Alex pointing at me, he nods at the fellow. "You cheated on her? Seriously?"

"Yes." Alex rolls his eyes, throwing his head back in annoyance.

"Sorry, dude, but damn... if she was my wife, she would never leave the bedroom."

I grin. Chalk one up for me.

"You are so freakin' hot."

"Thank you."

I raise my index finger and gesture for him to come closer. He takes great delight in getting closer.

"Would you like to see a magic trick? How I know my husband will remain faithful to me."

He hesitates. "Uh, yeah sure."

"Don't worry, it's quite funny actually."

I put out my hand curling like there is an invisible ball there, green flames appear on my hand, past my hand I can see Alex sitting there, his jaw dropped. As the flames recede I produce a key with the letter 'w' on the end.

"Wow." Jorge gushes. "That was unreal but how does that make him faithful?"

"Because he knows it is a key to a doorway that holds my lover's world. He knows that this key is a representation of my fidelity and if I ever catch him in the arms of another woman without my permission I will use this key."

I make it go up in a puff of smoke. I look at Alex, he knows who gave me the key, he knows who taught me how to make it come and go with the will of my mind.

"It is a promise Jorge, a promise that if doesn't behave himself he will have a wolf in his territory."

"That was a pretty sweet trick."

I kiss along his jaw, making my way to his ear, whisper the words to him. In seconds he is on the lounge, grinning, eyes barely open.

"You know, I really appreciate what you have done for me, but seriously, next time, could he not look like Finn, please?"

Alex looks at me shocked. "Yeah sure... I just thought..."

"Yeah, I get it, you are being nice, but all this is doing to me is resurrecting old memories, memories that if I am to have any future with you, I have to forget."

"Ok, no Finn look a likes."

"Thank you."

I pick up his wrist.

"Hungry?"

He gets up from the lounge and kneels at my feet, finding the other wrist to feed from.

"But still, he is nice. Very tasty."

By the time he is empty, it's like Alex and I have returned to our old life, the life before all of the nastiness. We fed together and by the fire in the lounge room, we consummated our marriage in true cliché style.

I found these keys while mindlessly wandering around the internet. Thought they were pretty wicked. Now wished I'd seen them before writing this story... oh well.

xMishx