Chapter 33

The past few months have been tiring. The two services, the deafening sound of the guests chattering echoed in my ears for days, the overzealous hugging from my lovely bridesmaids, the birth of Jonah, Miranda and Terrance's son, Alex's mother having twins, my parents deciding to join the vampiric world and having to deal with being queen of a kingdom and a realm. I am grateful that Terrance has accepted my request to be my right hand man for the running of the realm, I think I truly do need him. The council meetings are boring and a total yawn fest and he thoroughly loves the control, still technically running the show. Evie slipped into her role with ease, as I knew she would. She got her corner office with amazing views, an awesome pay packet and when her birthday rolled around, I had a cake decorated to look like a mud pie with worms sticking out of it. She loved it.

It was interesting the day that the heads of the realms had to meet. Phabel and his father, Finn and his father attended, and of course, myself and Terrance. This was not a council meeting, this was a leaders of the realms meeting and true to Finn's nature, he took great delight in closing the door on Alex, keeping him out of the meeting. By the end of the meeting, Finn declared what fun it was to meet like this and said that we should do it more often. Which of course was just an excuse to see me. What shocked me was that everyone agreed, once a month we would take turns in each other's realms, meeting to make sure everything was running smoothly. Finn was smug, he got what he wanted. Alex hit the roof at me traveling to Finn's realm, his only reassurance was that Terrance and Evie would be with me.

I know Alex did not want me to be near Finn, but he needn't have worried, he was well behaved, even though I knew he would give anything for another chance. Better to have you around, then not at all and who knows? Alex may slip up one day. Alex may revert to his old ways. When he does, you know where to find me, my love, my beautiful vampire queen.

As the time passes, Alex and I manage to return to the love that we once had, he settles with the knowledge that Finn is a permanent thorn in his side. He knows that I would not pursue Finn, but there was something inside of me that said I was a liar, that I would actively pursue Finn at any cost. I knew it would take a lot of control to stop myself from giving into my weakness. I can now see it from Alex's point of view, the want for someone else is hard to control. I made a point of the visits to the werewolf realm that I would never stay overnight, I knew I would have no control. I may love Alex and there is no doubt that he is my forever but there is something about Finn that I cannot let go of. But it wasn't as if Alex could never have another woman again, for us our blood lust was driven by an underlying sexual blood lust. He wasn't the only one that needed it. He quickly learned that if he included me in his feeding, rather than sneaking off like he had done in those times he had been caught, he could have his fun with my blessing. I wasn't entirely happy with the situation, but it worked. He never fed by himself, he always had me with him.

I lay in bed; Alex scratches the belly of the cat. My sleeping pattern has settled, I now enter a vampiric sleep, what feels like an alert sleep, I am conscious of my surroundings, of what is happening in the castle, but I find rest. But all of that pales in comparison to my ever growing need, I am finding that my hunger grows by the day, I am always asking him to take me out to feed or to bring me something.

"I'm hungry." I whisper as I sit up on the bed and look at him.

"Do you want something from the kitchen?"

I shake my head. He gets up and puts the cat in his little bed.

"Ok, get dressed we can go out into the woods."

I quickly dress in the warmest clothes that I can find, Alex pulls out two hooded long coats.

"It will help you blend."

I feel the thin material between my fingers.

"Won't be warm." I mutter.

"You don't need to be warm, we won't be long."

"Oh. Are we searching for animals?"

"We can for tonight if you like."

He opens the windows, the cold breeze floats into the room. Winter has started to ease, spring is almost upon us.

"You do realise that we are on the third floor right?"

"Yes. You are able to jump and leap great heights." he says as he steps backwards from the window sill, falling out in front of my eyes. The black material of the coat billows out as he drops down, making little sound.

"Alex!" I gasp as I run to the window.

I look down at the ground, he stares up at me with a huge grin.

"Hurry up."

I climb onto the window sill and take a deep breath. Not going to die... I jump to the ground and land with no pain, no issues.

"You can run fast too."

He takes my hand and in a second we have reached the woods, many metres from the castle. We stand on the edge of the woods as Alex puts his hand on my sternum.

"Your heart has stopped. You are a full vampire now."

He frowns and runs his hand down to my stomach. His frown turns to a grin.

"And you are with child."

"How in the hell can you tell that?"

"Because I can hear a heartbeat."

He pulls me in and kisses me.

"I love you my lost princess."

"And I love you my silver furred pervert."