Chapter 30

I walk for quite some time, the streets are cold, a few lights from the houses are on. I have no clue where I am, the streets are covered in snow making everything look the same. Great lost in a town that I have never been to, in the middle of winter and in a thin wedding dress and tiny jacket. For a brilliant girl Stephanie, you really don't think ahead, do you? My head snaps up from the ground, in front of me is Finn.

"Alina, apparently."

"I know."

"How long?"

"When we were having sex at the first meeting, I caught sight of the marking, knew instantly."

"Is that why you pursued me, because I am queen of this realm?"

He shakes his head. "I think you are beautiful, amazing, stubborn." he frowns. "Intelligent and an awesome lover."

"Charming." I mutter.

He laughs. "I am a truthful guy."

"So... as you can plainly see, I am now married and Gavril is dead."

"Well one of those things is a good thing."

"How did you get back here, did your father lock the exit?"

He grins and pulls a key from his pocket, on its end is a v and quickly slips it back into his pocket.

"He didn't lock the exit, he took my key but when I made the keys disappear, it was just a magic trick, I just put them in my pocket."

"Naughty boy, stealing my key."

"Steph!" I hear Alex call out.

"Oh goody, Princess Alex is coming to your rescue, god forbid you talk to the big bad wolf."

"Don't be like that."

"He lies to you, he cheats on you, clearly he doesn't want you and yet you still defend him, why?"

I shrug.

"Did you know that I was ordered to stay away from you?"

I shake my head.

"My aggressive pursuit of you has seen me reprimanded like I am a criminal."

"What happened?"

He shakes his head, not wanting to tell me.

"Remember three things Alina, one, in this modern world there is a thing called divorce, two, I am only ever a thought away from being with you."

I can hear Alex snarling at Finn.

"And three, I want to be with you, I love you." he kisses me on the cheek and in a flash he is gone.

Alex stops when he reaches me, the anger on his face is something I have never seen before.

"He was here." he snarls at Terrance who was hot on his heels.

"What did you do to him?"

"He will pay for breaking his curfew." Terrance mutters.

"Hold up, what curfew?"

"Finn was restricted to his own realm as punishment and now that he is broken it he will be punished by the council."

The anger builds in me.

"Stop!" I hiss at them. "You have no right to do this."

"Yeah, I do. He was given strict instructions by me, you know, the head of the grand council."