Baby Business

Previously:

Marshall's POV:

A few more minutes of day dreaming until Gummy said "The baby's kicking Marshy!" "Where? I want to feel!" This is so exciting. He grabs my hand and puts it on the left side of his belly. Once my hand was placed in his bare skin I felt something hit my hand. That was the baby. That's so awesome! I didn't even know my smile could grow anymore.

Once the kicks died down I wrapped my arm around Gummy and brought him closer to me. He laid his head on my shoulder and a few minutes later, I heard slight snoring.

It was really hot outside so I decided to call it a day. I pick up Gummy bridal style and carry him all the way home. He was a little heavy but I wouldn't let him fall no matter what. That was my job as a boyfriend to help and aid my significant other.

As soon as we got home I walked up the stairs and laid him on his side of the bed. I pull the covers up and kissed his forehead.

We are going to be fathers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Marshall's POV:

A few weeks have past and Gummy is coming along quite well. His choice in food is beyond disgusting but he is caring a child and not just any child my child.

During these days he usually sleeps or sits on a rocking chair outside on the patio. He has been lost in space recently and I just want to know what's going through his head but I'm a little busy now.

Since Gummy destroyed the last nursery I decided to make a whole new one. With of course the help of Phoebus, Finn, Mom, Fionna, Cake, Jake and sometimes Rainy and Momo come too. They have been coming over more lately and have been a big help around especially when I have to go to work. Balancing everything is kind of hard and stressful but I try not to show it. Gummy is in that hormonal stage where he takes everything literally so I don't want to worry or hurt him.

We have been thinking of ideas for the nursery for a few days now and no one has an idea on what to do. The ideas came down to rock n roll themed, artsy themed, or a space themed. They are all really cool ideas but the room has to be perfect. That's why we decided to combine them. I know it sounds crazy but I think we can mix the ideas pretty good.

For the nursery I have been in charge of getting furniture and since I'm clueless on anything about babies, Finn is my savior. We head to the mall where Babies R Us is located. We go into the store to have it filled with almost anything. From baby toys to baby strollers to baby bottles.

We started with the crib. We looked at all the cribs there so many designs and some looked really cool but we had to stick to the plan. "Hey Marshall what about this one?" I look over to see a dark brown wooded crib. It was cute but how would it go with the theme. "I don't know." "Alright then let's keep looking." We walked around some more and I found a black one that had even bars on all four sides and the back had an arc. I thought it looked pretty cool and could go with rock n roll, space and artsy. "I like this one." Finn came over and looked at it all around and moved it to see if it would fall apart on the spot. "I like it too." "Alright then, I guess we will get this one."

Once we got the crib, we split up to make our trip faster. I had to get the dresser while Finn got a changing station. It wasn't hard to come over a black dresser. I wanted it to match the crib so I decided on a wide dresser with 4 drawers on the bottom and three aligning the top. On top of the dresser was smooth and had enough room for a vanity. I told an employee and they took it to the front where the bed was placed.