The Results

Previously:

Marshall's POV:

We reach the cemetery and Gummy led the way. Fresh tears fell from his face. We reached a gravestone that was engraved with 'Marceline' 'Born from 2017 to 2017' and at the bottom was written 'My Little Daisy.' On the grave stone was fresh daisies that I'm pretty sure Gummy put. The name was beautiful. I loved it but I still can't believe he went through all this by himself.

We all surrounded the grave but then was grouped together into a group hug. This death affected all of us. We were all upset and as the rain started to fall it washed away our tears. As the day wept away we stood there at the grave just staring.

Everyone left a while later except for Gummy and I. He stared longer at the grave than me but then brought his hands out and hugged me. "Thank you Marshall. For being here for me." "I'll be here forever and always. Even when life has its downs because surely in a little bit there will be an up to carry our down." We then brushed our lips together sealing our promise. The kiss showed every emotion from most of the sadness but the little bit of happiness that laid there as well.

-------------------------------------------------

A Month Later

Marshall's POV:

Gummy has been doing really good lately. His eyes are filled with light and love again. While the incident will be in all our hearts we were able to move on and learn from our past. Gummy still does excitements but has cancelled any child creations since that day.

I got a new schedule for my job that lets me only have to leave for a few days at a time depending on each other's schedule. I feel bad leaving Gummy on his own but he has been doing better that I trust him not to do anything irrational.

A couple days after the incident Gummy went into a suicidal week. That's all he ever talked about and ever wanted to do. Nothing could get through to him and he would just shout that it was his fault. He had night terrors almost every night of the suicidal week. I had to lock up all knives, razors, mirrors, glass, shavers, pills and even ropes and belts. Mom and I had a constant watch over him and went everywhere with him; if it was to the bathroom or to the store someone was with him.

Everything was going by slow and nothing was getting better so I decided to call Gummy's therapist and maybe she could help him with his problem. It worked.

After the suicidal week, Gummy had been happier, actually happy with real smiles. They may be small but it shows results. His eyes shed their light when I took him out or did something special for him. Everything was going back to normal.

Now we have good conversations and make love a few times a week. I officially want to marry him. I really do. I have this ring that's saved for the right time. It's a nice 24 k with 7 diamonds around the one bigger diamond in the middle. I guess I'm just scared. I know we have been together for many years now but I want the day to be special when I ask him. I want him to feel like it was from a romantic movie but I just don't know how at the moment.

I wait for Gummy to come down the stairs, we are going to go to the movies to see the new Power Rangers movie. A lot of people say it's really good and Gummy picked it out so I'm really excited.

I watch as Gummy walks down the stairs wearing a white crop top with black skinny jeans and a black cardigan with white converse. He looked stunning, like always. We walk out to the car and I drive to the theaters that's a good 10 minutes away. We sat in the car listening to the radio and singing and dancing along to the new hip songs.