Chapter Fifty-Five

Unedited

**

***

***

Chapter Fifty-Five (Part 1):

"Did you enjoy your breakfast?" Hannah asked Parker as they made their way back to Nola's room. She glanced at Parker who was intently watching the linoleum tile floor pass beneath his feet.

His response wasn't immediate but soon Parker blinked an extra few times, as he jumped off the train of thought he had lost himself on. "Sorry, what did you say? I zoned out."

Giving a small smile, Hannah figured Parker was worrying about Nola. "She's gonna make it out of this, Parker. You know that, right?"

Nodding, Parker knew that Hannah was right. Nola was a survivor and was, without a doubt in his mind, going to make a full recovery . . . As soon as they found what caused her to go into a coma. However, Nola's situation, per se, was not what Parker had been thinking about. He just couldn't shake the thought that Camille was up at the school the exact day Nola slipped into a coma. He wondered what she could have possibly been doing at their school. Did she talk to Nola?

"So, what did you have for breakfast?"

Once more, Parker reeled himself out of his thoughts and back to reality. "Hmm?" Suddenly, his brain registered what Hannah had just asked. "Oh, nothing."

"Nothing?! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" Hannah remarked as they got into an empty elevator. Once inside, Hannah reached over and selected the floor Nola was staying on.

"I'll make up for missing breakfast at lunch," Parker lied, knowing he probably would not eat come lunch time. When he thought that, his stomach responded with a lowly growl that indicated he was hungry. However, as soon as he thought about eating, a wave of nausea washed over him. Parker knew it was his constant worry and anxiety towards Nola's condition that made him feel sick to his stomach.

"Sure you will," Hannah rolled her eyes. "A few years ago my mother got really sick and was practically a resident here at this hospital . . . I also, just like you, refused to eat and take care of myself because I was constantly worrying about my mother and wrapped up in thoughts of her condition." Hannah sighed, feeling a small weight come off her shoulders as she talked about her mother - a topic that had stayed off her tongue for years. "I ran myself into the ground with the worry I carried and the mistreatment I inflicted upon myself . . . Please, don't make the same mistakes I did, Parker."

The elevator doors dinged open, "I'm not doing that to myself."

Hannah fought the urge to roll her eyes at Parker again, "Lair, I talked with Nurse Heather. She told me you'd be in the smoke section because you refuse to eat. Also, she added in the fact that you have not been sleeping."

Parker mentally reminded himself to talk to Nurse Heather. " . . . It's not that I don't wanna eat," Parker stated, figuring he would ignore the conversation about him not sleeping. "It's just that am constantly feeling nauseous, which completely turns me off of eating anything."

"Stress can do that," Hannah replied. "Have you thought about seeing a doctor? They could give you some medication to help."

Parker shook his head, "No when she wakes up I'll be better."

When Hannah and Parker reached Nola's room, Hannah stopped right before going in, causing Parker to do the same.

Hannah took a prolonged second to collect her thought but when she knew what she was going to say, Hannah rumbled for a minute, "I really do believe, from the bottom of my heart, that Nola is going to pull out of this. However, realistically it could be a while before that happens — due to the fact that the doctors don't have any answers for her condition, so far. Until then Parker, you have to take care of yourself because there is no way you can continue to keep living this way."

"Oh but I can," Parker feebly smirked before walking around Hannah and entering in Nola's room. As soon as he entered Parker was taken back by the decorations.

The once pale walls were draped in midnight blue tapestry that faded to stark white at ends. Strings of small snowflake lights hung from the ceiling, brightly illuminating the room. On the floor, tucked away in each corner of the room, was large bundles of balloons, which were composed of a variety of different color blues with a few white ones standing out.

"What do you think?" Hannah inquired.

"It's perfect and Nola will most definitely love it."

***

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter but:

(1) I'm in the midst of finals week and feeling the pressure

(2)  I have no class tomorrow, so I admittedly got drunk and completed this chapter. Yay! I hope y'all enjoyed the UNEDITED chapter!!

(3) Please:

Smile,

Vote, 

Comment

and Share!