Chapter Forty-Eight

Unedited

***

"In order to escape accountability for his crimes, the perpetrator does everything in his power to promote forgetting. If secrecy fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of his victim. If he cannot silence her absolutely, he tries to make sure no one listens."
― Judith Lewis Herman 

***

Chapter Forty-Eight:

"Are you going to open up, Nola? Or will I have to huff and puff in order to blow your stall door down?" Mitch asked with a sickening humor laced in his voice.

Nola's vision blurred and not because of tears. Something was wrong, Nola could feel it. "You drugged me."

"No, I've not drugged you, yet. You have to come out, now, so I can ... Chop chop."

Nola didn't move.

"Don't make me ask twice, Noles."

She knew this was it, this was the end. With shaky hands, Nola opened the stall. The door swung open to reveal Mitch, who was standing a few feet in front of her, beside the sinks.

Nola couldn't breathe, while she tried to digest the fact that Mitch was out of jail and standing before her.

"Finally, I thought I would have to break that thing down."

It was Mitch that Nola expected to have said that, but his lips had remained closed as a stranger's voice filled her ears. 

Nola's head snapped in the direction of the person that actually spoke. She saw Camille standing in front of the stall next to the one Nola had just come out of.

Camille walked around to be in front of Nola. She placed on hand firmly on her hip and held the other one out showcasing a neon yellow pill resting on her palm. "I need you to open wide, Nola."

Taking a step back, Nola's eyes widened at what Camille had asked. "What?" Nola's eyes focused on the pill. "What is that?!" Questioned Nola before she looked back at Camille.

"It's a pill, you idiot. And, you're going to take it," Camille said as she advanced towards Nola.

Glancing over Camille's shoulder, Nola went to see if Mitch was wanting this to happen but she found that Mitch was no longer in sight. Nola quickly glanced back at Camille and kept backing up, until she hit the toilet causing her to fall down on the seat.

"N-no, I won't," Nola stated as she shook her head frantically. 

"If you don't, our guy Mitch behind me is going to do it - and we both know that you don't want that."

"But, he's not behind you anymore."

Camille closed her eyes, "shit," she muttered under her breath. "Thought that would last longer." She locked eyes with Nola, "I can get him to come back if you don't take this." Camille gripped Nola's jaw and tried to pry it open.

Nola tried to fight back, but all it did was anger, Camille.

She stopped trying to force the pill down Nola's throat and stepped back. "I tried the easy way, Nola."

Knowing that Camille was about to go get Mitch, Nola shrieked, "No! Please! D-don't get him."

"Then take this pill."

"W-what is it?"

Camille gave Nola a wicked smile, "take it and find out."

Nola shook her head, "No."

Camille didn't like Nola's response, she lifted her hand up grabbed a handful of Nola's long black hair. She dragged Nola over to the sinks by her hair, and then lifted Nola's head up to face her. "Nola, I wish it didn't have to be this way." Camille slammed Nola's head on the side of the sink.

Nola fell down the floor and grabbed her head that was throbbing. She felt as if her brain was about to split in half with the amount of pain she felt.

Camille seized Nola's pain and confusion from the hit. Without waiting a millisecond, Camille hopped on top of Nola and pinned her arms down quickly with her knees that were on either side of Nola. She was fast, not wasting any time as she shoved the pill down Nola's throat. "Swallow."

Nola tried not to swallow the pill but every time she tried to bring the pill back up, Camille pressed her fingers farther down Nola's throat.

It was a struggle but Nola knew after a while that she was not getting out of this. She swallowed the pill.

"Good girl," Camille got up and smiled. "My love and I will back for you Nola, don't worry." Camille turned around and hastily exited the bathroom.

Nola could not contain her tears as she let out a sob. She was in shock at all that just happened but she was certain that Mitch was out and they had something planned with the pill she just took.

Quick to think, Nola raced over to a toilet and tried to get herself to throw up. But she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried.

Her whole body shook and she knew that whatever it was that she had taken was about to kick in. It was an instinct reaction, Nola hurriedly went over to her bag and dug out her phone. She dialed Parker's number as her cries died down a little.

Parker was quick to answer, "BumbleBee? You okay?"

Nola sniffed and felt herself relax but then she remembered the pill. Her mouth opened but suddenly she felt like all the energy had was being drained from her, causing her to slump down to the floor. She wanted to tell Parker everything about what had just happened with Camille but she found herself not having the energy.

"P-Parker? C-Can you come get me?"

She wanted to tell him that she needed to go to the hospital but when she went to do so her vision began to darken.

Parker's voice sounded muffled on the other end, she could tell he was asking her a series of questions but she couldn't make out his words. However, she did hear him ask, at the end, where she was.

"S-school b-bathroom. H-h-hurry."

***

Parker heard a click of the other line. "Hello? Nola?" He took the phone away from his ear to find that she had hung up on him.

"Everything okay?"

Parker looked up to see Remus standing in front of his desk. Parker got up and shook his head, "No, Nola is in trouble and I need to get to her." Without furthering his explanation, Parker gathered his belongings and apologized to Remus, saying he would be back tomorrow, bright and early.

***

A/N:

Please don't forget to: SMILE, vote, comment, and share!!