Gentle

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 3-
Gentle

August 7th. Morning.

HINATA WORKED FOR THREE YEARS NOW.

Since Hinata was sixteen or so... she worked at the hospital. Her father forced her into it because she did nothing around the house. It's the best and worst decision she made.

An exhausted Hinata sat in the shower in the morning, not wanting to see death. Trauma was her specialty. She had to come back. At nineteen, a large age barrier between Hinata and her co-workers separated her.

Looking at the babies at the hospital made her feel better after the sickness and cancer. Looking at life let her forget the dead.

Hinata got paid in large amounts of money. Instead of using the money, Hinata put it in a drawer in her bedroom. The maids balked at her actions, complaining to Hinata's father.

Hiashi set up another bank account. Once, and only once, he complimented her work for the hospital. She seldom felt like she wasn't a disappointment. And that's why she does it.

¤¤¤

August 9th. Afternoon.

Keisuke (a co-worker) and Hinata strolled by, just chatting during their break. Hinata paused when she saw the two women. They were in front of an OR scheduling board, shouting profanities at one another.

Ino replaced Hana on a huge surgery, which was a huge insult. Hana's Operating Room (OR) was taken by Ino...

"You can't take my surgery! It's my specialty, my patient, my service and my surgery. I've been preparing for weeks," yelled Hana at Ino.

"And you think that you'll do it better than me? Puh-lease, it's a pancreatectomy and you know I'll do better," Ino wrote her name next to OR.

"Tsunade-sama chose me for this, you dumb blonde!" Hana grabbed the marker, erased Ino's name and replaced it with her own.

"Tsunade-sama gave it to me because of the bad outcomes you've harbored for the past month. You can't do the operation."

"You can't tell me what I can and can't do!"

"But Tsunade-sama can," Ino retorted while raising her voice. "She says that I'm more suited for the surgery so you have no authority over it nor can you do anything about it. It's mine now. Nothing will change that."

Hana growled.

"Is it exhaustive to be that stupid? Or you get used to it after a while? I don't know, have you dealt with it for your whole life?" Ino said. "You won't do the surgery, idiot."

"Keep that up, princess- tombstones are expensive."

"Threatening me won't do anything whatsoever," Ino smirked.

"I'm a chunin, I can take you on."

"Pfft, we're both medical-nins but I am better than you in all aspects, medical and shinobi-wise. Tsunade-sama recognized this and Shizune too. In other words, I can kick your bony-ass and still do the surgery well."

"Why the hell did you take my surgery?"

"I'm doing you a favor, Hana-san. You haven't got one-fourth of a brain cell to do the surgery anyway-"

"You don't want things to get ugly!"

"Huh, when were you ever pretty?" sneered Ino.

Despite her attitude towards some, Ino remains to be fairly popular in their hospital. Ino and popularity were like cinnamon buns and cinnamon. Oil and water were like Ino and Hana. Keisuke pulled Hinata's arm and pointed towards Ino and Hana.