Dinners

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 48-
Dinners

October 3rd. Midnight.

Mitsuyo sighed in front of the door. "Shinobi break down doors and everything in sight. I'm starting to worry about mother nature." she sighed.

Mitsuyo looked back at Hinata's head nestled on the curve of Sasuke's thigh and the blanket over her. After finding out about Someina's betrayal, Hinata fell asleep due to a headache. He's usually her cushion. She smiled in her sleep like a saint. He could eat rice with that smile.

How many bowls... He didn't know.

Mitsuyo stretched a bit. "Go to bed. I set up all these barriers and Hinata put seals in place."

Sasuke winced. "I would but midnight is the time to think, to lose, to grieve with convenience."

There are still days when Sasuke can't move because of the guilt of not being strong enough. Sasuke mocked the kindness of others and smacked people's hands away.

At midnight, the numbness around his heart weakened enough to ache. Was it just fate to end up ruining everyone else around him? To end up alone? Thoughts too simple and immature like saving everyone... plagued him.

Orochimaru still has a hold on everyone in the house in some traumatic way... Why isn't he over this? Hinata interrupted his dark thoughts with a joyous laugh and sleepy mumblings like, "Cherry rings..." and "Marigolds... are protected."

"Hinata is positive enough to ignore that brooding of yours. When I come to think of it, your lover is kind of weird..." Mitsuyo put a blanket on Kokoro, who snored loudly over in the distance.

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Oh no, what has the world come to? A lovely girl, laughing in her sleep. A tragedy for sure."

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Mitsuyo stuck her tongue out.

Sasuke shrugged. "I still feel mildly intelligent. I'm the man of the house and the Uchiha clan leader... I need to protect everyone. So, staying awake helps keep everyone safe..."

"Speaking of safe..." Mitsuyo looked over. "Would you be willing to let in Hyuuga into the Uchiha clan? There surely will be defectors from that clan. Many can't take Hyuuga Hinata's father with a stick up his ass rules." she tapped on her chin. "That would be an abomination if they joined us."

"Of course there will be other defectors but they'll bring those awful haircuts..." Sasuke cringed.

"There will be a merge of our separate cultures. Ugh. They'll bring political catastrophes, and we'll bring dangerous fights to their doorstep. If we get the support of Hinata's family, their funds, and their influence- we'll dominate. We're not the most well-liked in the schoolyard, and they'll take our bean buns," she curled her fist. "No one will be able to challenge me now."

Sasuke, for some reason, laughed a bit, stroking Hinata's hair. "Is that some unresolved issue of yours? School yard academy fights?"

"It's been so long since I thought of that place. The Academy." she sighed.

"I bet you can't remember your academy days."

"Don't call a lady old, that's rude. Know your manners. I'm only four years older than Kabuto!" she looked down and grimaced. "You're the lowest of the low, prick!"

Sasuke smirked a bit. "All this talk about Hyuuga and learning political secrets, I didn't know you were a schemer for someone at your age. Gossiping is the cherry on your birthday cake..." Sasuke frowned for a moment. "When I come to think of it, I know... you've never told me your birthday nor has Hinata gotten crazy with how she will hide your birthday presents."