The DCA

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 15-
The DCA

November 16th. Dawn.

HINATA SIGHED.

"Mitsuyo's second day of work... I miss her already," Hinata said, choosing a shirt to wear.

She found one.

"Eh. I'm fine," he shrugged.

"You remember when you said that 'The ones who have been ousted stick together... The misfits and the displaced end up meeting'?" she whispered. "I feel like that... An outcast..."

"To what?"

"My clan. All my life, I've felt trapped in my clan. My father said, 'The future of the Hyuuga clan is much more important than your temporary career,' He always says that I'm just a child with bright-eyed ideals."

"You love being a doctor," Sasuke frowned.

"He thinks that my job was temporary. That I was wasting my 'Kami-given gift' of the Byakugan on non-Hyuuga. He debilitated my role as a doctor. He wouldn't let me operate on any Hyuuga because he believed that I would mess up and hurt them..."

"He didn't let you operate on... Hyuuga or non-Hyuuga," Sasuke said. "Wow..."

Hinata sighed. "Yes. Until Tsunade-sama had a word with him. He didn't talk to me for weeks. To him, Hanabi- everyone... everything I did was wrong. I wasn't enough to please the council, the Hyuuga, or my father. He always said the Hyuuga clan is my first and only priority. I'm my own priority. You and our baby are my top priorities," she laughed. "I don't think I did anything wrong for leaving and that's what makes me an outcast."

"Hinata-"

"I miss them but I'm not good there. I was weak, troubled and stuttering. I felt restrained in my clan. I want to thank you for taking me out of Konoha," she said. "Just... thanks for letting me leave."

"You don't want to go back. That's a bad thing. I led you where you shouldn't go," he realized. "What the hell, Hyuuga?"

"I left that to be here with you and our kid for the domestic life. My Kami, Konoha's my home but they don't make it home. I do want to go back but I don't want to go back without you. I can't have it any other way."

"Hn. What's it to you?" he asked. "Me staying or going?"

"You're a good coping mechanism for the crazy. Please don't leave me and dry while my clan ignores me. Visit often or live with me."

"Che, I'll do it. What are friends for?" Sasuke said.

¤¤¤

"Why do you have all this stuff?" he asked, watching her use some cream. "Our bathroom smells like a meadow."

"I think we smell like the air in Konoha's springtime. Fresh," she said, smiling at him in the reflection of the mirror. "You smell like lightning. Coppery, silverness."

Sasuke shifted. What... an odd comment. "Why does it all take up so much space?"

"My use of counter space bothers you? Half of my wardrobe is on your bedroom floor." Hinata rolled her eyes.