Chapter 32

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Dominic’s POV

There was absolute silence. It was like we were in Hogwarts and a silencio spell had been cast. You couldn’t even hear anyone breathe. And that’s saying something for a room full of werewolves. I looked around, smirking on the inside that I had caused such calamity in the midst of their very own home. I looked around the room, taking in everything. My gaze swept to the couch on the far left and found Laurel.

She was perfectly beautiful and breathtaking. And MINE! I wanted to growl at the arm around her waist and the hand holding hers. Fingers intertwined.  I followed those body parts up to the eyes of Vince Walker himself. He looked cold, calculating and unwavering. As I looked into his eyes I knew this would be no easy battle. I moved on to the person on Laurel’s other side and saw Vince Walker Sr. I jumped slightly. This was a legendary man, not to be trifled with. His title as beta and the job he had done were used to train new betas. He was good, and he was here. I hadn’t counted on this and it made me nervous to see him. He would definitely see through me. This definitely wasn’t good.

I concentrated on keeping my expression solemn and downcast.

“Thank you for letting us come here. It couldn’t have been an easy decision for you all to make, considering my relationship with your Luna.”

Laurel shook her shoulders, as if trying to roll of tension or shake off something unpleasant. I wanted to growl at the thought that it was me that she found unpleasant.

“It is what needed to be done Dominic.” Vince stated, matter of factly. He hadn’t lost that look, like he knew I was up to something and was just waiting for the ball to drop.

It was clear I would have to ease into this. Lull them into security. Laurel would be mine and I would teach her to love me, as a mate should. She was my mate, not his, she would never be fully his. She would always belong to me and only me. We had probably been mates down through the ages and that would certainly never change. I wondered briefly what our past lives had been like. That thought had been plaguing me. I did and didn’t want to know.

“Again, thank you.”

Just then Jackson walked in, and I could hear more footsteps behind him. I saw Laurel stiffen out of the corner of my eye. She inhaled suspiciously. I was starting to get irritated that she hadn’t said a word to me.

In time… That’s what my wolf kept chanting. All in good time.

Laurel’s POV

I stiffened dramatically as I smelled those scents. Of course. Of course they would be with this evil soulless person. After all they had no souls themselves. As I had that thought, around the corner swept my mother. Followed closely by my two sisters. I started and then looked more closely at the two. I knew the look. Withdrawn, depression so deep it couldn’t be hidden no matter how hard you tried, despondent. Yea, they were victims, but of who? I looked to Dominic to see him looking at the twins in lust and slight happiness. I was shocked. He couldn’t be… Could he?

Dominic walked over to the group of people in my living room. I had been so focused on the family members I thought I had left behind forever that I totally didn’t notice any more of his pack members walk in. About half of them looked more scared and grief stricken than the other half. I wondered why that was.

Dominic raised his arms to put them around the twins and they both flinched very slightly. Yep. Victims. Of the infamous Dominic Morreti.

“These are the members of my pack. What is left? We have one more outside but I will introduce you to everyone else. This man is Jackson, my beta. These are Melissa and Julissa, their mother Amber. But, of course, you know that already Laurel as it’s your mother too…” He trailed off.

I sat up straight. “My mother died eleven years ago.”

I said it with finality and I meant what I said. That woman was no mother too me. That family was not mine. I didn’t care what anyone said. I don’t care how it affected anyone. They never cared about me; I wouldn’t start caring about them. They could kiss my entire round, black ass first.

I saw Amber’s eyes narrow slightly as she took me in.

“Laurel, I see you have found a way to move up in the world. Spread your legs for one more alpha and its bound to pan out huh?”

I opened my mouth to snap back at the woman who had birthed me, loved me for the first eight years of my life. Vince beat me to it.

“Listen woman. Laurel is the Luna of this pack. Everything here is hers and under her control. You will show proper respect, or you can take your ass back outside my gates. If you don’t want to remove yourself and insist on insulting or disrespecting her in anyway, I have wolves that can carry you out. Do I make myself clear?”

His voice had gone cold. Hard. It was the voice of a very powerful alpha who would not have his word spoken against. I saw Amber cower slightly.

“I understand Alpha Vince.”

She sounded like a bratty child.

“Make sure you do. For your insolent tone, and your first infraction against my fiancé and Luna, you will do a night in the cells. Just to make sure you’re catching what I’m putting out. Understand me plainly, you are getting of easy.”

Her eyes got wide, her mouth worked as if she wanted to respond but couldn’t. I had never seen anyone set Amber in her place that way. Vince looked around.

“Anyone else?” No one spoke a peep. “Good, I will help you all as much as I can, but you will respect my home and my fiancé.”

I watched Dominic jump again at the word fiancé. For a second he looked livid. Then his face went back to solemn. Oh yea, he was going to cause some trouble. But I wasn’t standing for it.

“Ok let’s get back to meeting the pack members then. Dominic if you would continue.”

Dominic looked up, then opened his mouth to speak. Just as he did, high heels could be heard on the hallway floor. I had been wondering where the women in this pack were. So far there were only three, and those were my former family members. The footsteps got closer. Dominic got an almost gleeful look in his eyes, before they were once again wiped clear.

“Yes pack members.” He went through the names quickly. As he got to the last one a woman came around the corner. “And this is our last member, Jensa.”

I was shocked. How did she end up in his pack? Vince had tensed next to me. Pops, who had been strangely silent this whole time, was growling low in his throat. The triplets were looking back and forth between Jensa and Vince and I as if this were a tennis match. The woman known as Jensa, Vince’s mate, smirked.

“Hello, I’m Jensa, like Dom said. Vince, mate, it’s so nice to see you again. I was starting to worry I would never get past those walls and by your side again.”

Well, dang. This really was going to be a long two months. Vince gripped my hand as I thought that. A very long two months if Vince is affected.