Chapter 29

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Hello! New chapter FINALLY! Enjoy!

Dominic’s POV

I looked around me. Everything was in flames. Everything. The pack house was now just a raging tribute to the powerful destruction of fire. I thought about that damn desk that I just bought. Stupid thing wasn’t even worth the money because I couldn’t even use it. I just stared at the fire.

All around me there were screams coming from the men around me. There were snarls coming to. I turned away from the fire to watch the scene playing out before me. It was a battlefield. In the middle was no man’s land. It was littered with the bodies of dead wolves. The ones that had been dead the longest were showing signs of trying to shift back. It wouldn’t happen because the body was dead and therefore  there was nothing to shift back into. The spirit of the wolf was still alive though. Eventually once the human body had fully expired the wolf would be able to break free, to go to where it is spirit wolves go as they wait for their human to be reincarnated.

That brought on a whole new line of thought for me as I surveyed the scene. If the spirit wolf is waiting on the reincarnation of its human, does that mean that our mates are always the same reincarnated soul? Are we literally together for eternity? Had Laurel and I had this fight, this battle always or had we been happy together once? I didn’t know the answer to those questions and I wasn’t sure I wanted to.

A wolf was running up to me. When he was ten feet away he shifted. It was Rody.

“It is done Alpha.”

“Good man Rody.”

I walked away. Something about Rody was nagging me but I couldn’t place it. Ah well I have some more acting to do. I shifted. As I ran through fields and wooded areas, it felt as if my skin was crawling. I had been feeling that more and more as I let my wolf out. As a result I was trying to keep him locked away. It was an unsettling feeling. It literally felt as if my brain had diseased slimy grotesque things slithering around it. I didn’t know what that was, maybe it was just his need for his mate getting stronger.

After an hour of running I pulled up short. My wolf was tan with black spots and black socks. My wolfs eyes used to be the same color as mine. Now they were a dull red. Again I think its from the disconnect with his mate. I had first noticed it then.

I shifted back human and walked into the house I had rented a few months ago for this reason. When I walked inside Jensa was sitting on the couch with Amber and a few other select members of my pack. Well, what was left of my pack.

Time to make a call.

Andrew’s POV

We were all sitting in the office. Technically it was for all three of us. We all had our desk and computers. Our own workstations if you will. I was hardly ever in here though. I much preferred the outside and not being shackled to a desk.

We were brainstorming about who the leader of the rogue pack was. In all honesty we all had a feeling it was Dominic. It was just too coincidental. All of this happens just when he gets out of jail, his old pack targeted. Then there was what Jason had told us. Dominic was planning to take Laurel back. He had been behind that mystery security breach at the hospital.  He had planned to take Laurel at the conference. Jason says that he had run away to tell us but he didn’t get here in time. He said he couldn’t be against his mates pack and he was deeply sorry for all that had been done to Laurel. No one believed that crap ass apology, but we had to consider the other things he said. And we had to wonder, had Dominic given up on taking Laurel back. If he hadn’t, would he really fake rogue attacks, kill people, just to take back a mate who didn’t want him? A mate he had rejected, raped, and tortured?