Chapter 12

^^^NEW FAN!!!!

Happy Friday!!! Enjoy! Dont forget to show me how much you love it!

Vince POV 4 Months Ago

“Stupid. Stupid. Stupid ASS!”

Aubrey jerked around and looked at me like I had sprouted five heads and an extra nostril. I suppose he had good reason. I am not a fan of swearing. I feel it shows a sign of weakness and lack of control. Anyone can make themselves seem tough and badass by cursing. Scare someone while seeming totally calm. THEN you are a badass.

“So. I just going to ask. What the hell dude?” Aubrey asked. Still shocked.

I sighed. How to explain this.

“I totally froze up on Laurel. I am taking her out for a fun night and she asked me if it was a date. I know she was joking but I got so nervous I just yelled no.

Aubrey winced and shook his head. “Smooth Casanova. What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know man. It’s been so long since I have done anything like this.”

Aubrey nodded and looked at me in sympathy, although I’m sure he couldn’t really understand. He hasn’t met his mate yet. Laurel isn’t my mate. No my mate is stripping on some pole in Vegas for humans.

****Flashback****

I had found my mate when I was 18. Her name is Jensa. She is… no she was my best friend before the mate bond happened. The morning of my 18th birthday we met before school like always. We were going to the University of Illinois Chicago. I graduated early from high school. Anyway, Jensa was two years older than me. We had always been friends, since we were kids and she used to keep the big kids from picking on me. Let’s just say I was socially awkward growing up. We grew closer over the years and told each other everything. I knew that Jensa was stripping to pay her tuition. Her parents had passed when she turned 15. She didn’t have any other family. Except me and mine. She came to stay with us and we were inseparable.  When it came time for college Jensa left the house. I was in my senior year and 16 about to turn 17. My parents had offered to pay for Jensa to go to college, but she wouldn’t let them. She said they had done enough already. Then she left, two months later she called me. Since we never hide anything from each other, she told me about working at a strip club, about how she takes her clothes off and makes $1200 a night. She said it was more than enough to cover her tuition and expenses. She was happy.

Then I she started calling less and less. Eventually it was summer break after my senior year and during one of the few times I know talk to her we planned for me to come up and spend the summer with her in her apartment before I moved into my own. When I got there she looked… different. She had lost a lot of weight. Her eyes looked glassy and she was drunk. That night is when I knew something was wrong. The next morning I lost my best friend. And mate.

That night we had planned to go to a party her friend was having. A house party on the west side of Chicago. We were going to party hard because my birthday was the next morning. When we got to the party, everything was going well. The music was loud, the liquor was strong, and the girls were sexy. I was dancing with some random girl when I realized I hadn’t seen Jensa in a while. I left the dance floor to look for her. I happened to ask some random guy if he knew Jensa and if he had seen her. He smirked at me.