Chapter 34

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Vince’s POV

I felt something stabbing at my eyes. I wrenched them open only to close them back tightly almost immediately. I groaned as I stretched, still tired and needing more sleep. My hands automatically sought out Laurel to cuddle her to me as I tried to catch a few more winks. Her side of the bed was cold and empty. I opened my eyes slowly. It didn’t even look as if she had slept here. I sat up quickly, only to groan again from the head rush. I felt like I had been drinking but I knew I hadn’t. Where was she?

And then last night came back to me in relentless flashes. What I had done to her. The woman who was the love of my life, and carrying my child. I had been horrible to her. I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet to throw on some clothes, not even bothering to shower. After I was dressed the first place I went was to the kitchen. The kitchen was like our family meeting ground. Everything we were as a family centered around that kitchen. She wasn’t there. Aubrey was sitting at the table drinking coffee, looking as if he hadn’t had any sleep the night before. He looked up at me as he entered. To say he looked pissed was an understatement.

“Have you seen Laurel?”

He stared at me intensely for a moment. “Why would you need to ask where Laurel is?”

I had a feeling he knew where she was. The anger and disappointment in his eyes spoke volumes.

“Just tell me where she is Aubrey.”

“Nope. Not going to…”

I growled hard and strong in my throat, my eyes darkening as my wolf tried to break through and demand answers at once.

“Tell me where my mate is NOW!”

“Oh. Now she’s your mate? No longer a hump box for you? Don’t need to abuse her sexually? You over that today? Not going to ignore her and think about your mate now?”

I stood there stunned that he knew all of this. I knew what I had done to Laurel was wrong. I had used her. I didn’t think she considered it abuse. That hurt me more than I cared to examine, that she would think I would sexually abuse her. It tore my apart to realize the extent my actions had harmed her. I wasn’t intending to do that. I just really needed her and her love. I was frustrated, pissed, and scared. I was scared of our mates being here, dragging us away from each other. I couldn’t lose her. I was staking my claim on her again. In retrospect I could have been more gentle, but the fear, combined with my wolf breaking free last night, I hadn’t been able to control myself. My wolf and my human needed her, took her, made her know she was ours. But I had hurt her and there was no excuse for that. I needed to make it right.

“I have to find her Aubrey, beg her forgiveness. Please, please tell me where she is.”

I was ready to drop to my knees and beg him if that’s what it took. I would give him whatever he wanted if he just told me where she was.

“She is probably at the airport right now. I guess you forgot mom and LJ and dad were leaving for Paris this morning.”

I stopped cold. How could I have forgotten that? My son was leaving for months on end and I didn’t even have the grace to remember? What the eff is wrong with me?

“You need to pull your shit together Vince. So your mate is here? So is Laurel’s and he did far worse to her. You don’t see her running around here like a damn buffoon. You either shape up or lose her forever. I don’t know how much more shit that girl can take before she just disappears on us all.”