Chapter 16

^^^^^NEW FAN!!!!^^^

This was waaay longer but I cut it off because my mind has this plan hehehe! I think yall will love it. This is for all the upload soon pleases that I saw. Dont forget to show it some love!

Dr. Jacobs POV

A nurse had found me passed out in the underground parking structure of the hospital. The man who came to me was very skilled because he left no bruising. Well except my pride. The nurse thought that I had just passed out from over exertion. If only.

I drove to my empty home. All of the lights were out but I didn’t need them. I opened the front door slowly. Almost fearfully. Not afraid of someone being inside, but of what was inside. I went inside and closed the door. Then against my will my body carried me down the hallway to the door. I cracked it open slowly and felt the emotions hit me again. I crumpled to the floor in pain.

The walls were a pale yellow and there were fairies painted everywhere. It had taken Nicole and me a week to get this room perfect. In the middle of the wall facing me was her white canopy bed with the pale yellow and green covers. On the ceiling were glow in the dark stars and sun bursts. We had tried to do the stars in the constellations but we ended up making up our own and naming them.

I sobbed into the fluffy pale yellow carpet. I remember when we went and picked it out. We rubbed the sample and immediately knew that this was what we wanted. Her TV was mounted against the far wall with her v tech and other electronics in her pink princess tech stand. It was a pale pink.  The TV was still on.

We had done the room together. For a four year old my Nicole knew what she wanted.

Her father hadn’t helped at all. He was at the time, either with the tramp he left us for or in prison for armed robbery. I’m not really sure as we didn’t keep in touch after he left.  I had been too ashamed to tell the pack that my mate, and husband had left me. That my mate, the one destined for me, didn’t love me enough to stay with me and our daughter for life. I told everyone he went to his sisters pack to help her out with a big move and to take care of their parents.

 Thinking back, when I was pregnant he had never wanted Nicole. He thought she would be a burden and take away from endless sex and partying. I’d had my daughter anyway. After he left we were both heartbroken but we got through it together. It helped to know that we weren’t alone. That we had each other. It also helped that the pack didn’t know. That we didn’t have to endure stares of pity and confusion. And blame. For some reason people seem to blame the rejected if a mate leaves them or doesn’t want them. They never think of the rejecter. What they have to be in order to break someone apart that way. But hey, I just didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want to add that pressure.

A month ago I had taken Nicole to daycare. I had to work the early shift at the hospital then do gynecological visits for a few hours.  When I had finally gotten off I planned to take Nicole out for pizza and then to get our nails done. We bonded over the girl time. When I got to the daycare everyone looked confused. The director walked up to me and asked me why I had come to get Nicole when my husband had already come and got her. She said that he had told them that he had come to get her as soon as he got home. That he couldn’t wait a single moment to see her. That was at 10 that morning. I didn’t come to get her until 5. With a seven hour head start there was no telling where they were.