Chapter 22

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Hello ALL! There will be massive uploads more than likely as I am on Spring Break and have nothing to do! This one is shorter but I wanted to give you something. More later. Dont forget to show it some love!

Laurence/Keith POV

I had talked to Alpha Vince about keeping my identity a secret. At first he had been pissed but after we talked and he understood my reasons he was still angry but he understood. I had lied to him and I had hurt his mate, two very serious transgressions. I believe the first he was willing to let go, but he would not let anything harm Laurel.

Because of this I had to ride to the conference in a different vehicle from them. Laurel didn’t want to see me. Literally. If she saw me she completely pretended I wasn’t there. When Aubrey asked her two days ago why she was behaving this way she said she was giving me what I wanted.

We had been sitting in the office going over the security detail that would be needed for the conference. Clearly Dominic Morreti would be in attendance and no one wanted to leave Laurel or LJ alone with him for a brief second.

We were all in the deep brow sofas and arm chairs that filled the office. Laurel was feeding LJ. The little guy looked so much like Dad that it made my heart ache. He would have been so proud of Laurel’s spirit and the child she had brought into the world. Vince had been going over the rounds of the guards and the room he and Laurel would be sharing. I had suggested we come up with a way for Laurel to do some sightseeing because I knew she would love the natural beauty of Utah even if she didn’t go to malls. She never was much of a shopper. Even now she did most of her shopping online. I also monitor pack internet activity. You could never be too safe. She just completely ignored me. Didn’t look my way or respond when I put the question out there. Vince asked her what she thought. She asked him what she thought of what. Eventually we got why she was ignoring me.

“I’m not ignoring anyone Vince. Clearly Keith, I’m sorry Laurence, doesn’t want anything to do with me. He hid himself from me. He changed his name. All of this time he knew I was here and he never said a thing. Clearly when he left, it was partially to get away from him, and here I’ve followed him, ruining his life again. I only came here because I knew he would be here and it would be safe. I don’t feel like I have made a mistake necessarily because then I wouldn’t have you or more than likely LJ, but I do feel as if I have encroached on his territory. So to make it easier for him I will do him like he wanted to do me. I will pretend he isn’t here, that he isn’t my brother, I will pretend he doesn’t exist.”

Her speech cracked my already broken heart. I wasn’t ignoring her, I was doing what I thought was best for her. But that’s the problem with male wolves, we seem to always try to do whats best for our women without really considering that maybe they know whats best themselves. Do human males have this problem?

After Laurel finished speaking there was a deep silence. Laurel sighed and got up.

“Clearly I’m bringing your moods down and I don’t mean to. LJ and I will go watch TV.”

With that she walked briskly from the room before anyone could tell her that her presence was the only thing keeping us from boiling over. As soon as she walked out the door four heads and eight sets of disapproving eyes whipped my way.