Chapter 31

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Dominic’s POV

We stopped in Albuquerque, New Mexico  to drop off Butch and his daughter Nicole. She and Jensa had really bonded. Butch didn’t really spend much time with the girl but that wasn’t my business. She was a really very happy coincidence. We needed a way into Vince’s packs and luckily Butch was able to come through. That’s all she was. We were taking them to Albuquerque because everyone knows Nicole and we had to keep her hidden. We might still need Dr. Jacobs.

We were now two hours from the Red Dawn pack’s compound. I was in alternate states of arousal, frustration, and anticipation. I needed Laurel NOW! I had been temporarily satisfying my needs with other women but I knew that she was the only one with the ability to sate them completely. Her body was made for mine and I needed to feel her, be inside her as her blood sang a delicious duo with mine.

I was a little put off by the fact that another had been inside her but she would soon see the error in that and come back to me and submit herself to me fully, as was proper. I wanted to tie her to my bed and take her repeatedly. It made my boil just to imagine the possibilities.

I closed my eyes and decided to take a nap in an effort to stop torturing myself with thoughts of Laurel naked and me dominating her.

I drifted off with a slight smile on my face as I slipped into a dream of Laurel pregnant with my child.

Laurel’s POV

I put the last bite of steak into my mouth, happily anticipating the cheesecake to come for desert. Ariah had had the idea that we all go out to eat. That way we could get the imminent arrival of my ex mate off our minds. Everyone was worried. The triplets were extra cautious of me, almost as much as Vince. Which is saying something.

LJ sat to my right with Ariah next to him, sneaking him small bites of mashed potatoes. She didn’t need to sneak, I was fine with it but she seemed to be having fun so I said nothing.

To my left was Vince and he was silent. More silent than usual and he kept watching me worriedly. I just kept turning to smile at him when I caught him at it. At first I had tried to get him to tell me what was bothering him but he wouldn’t say, so I dropped it. I knew he would tell me in time. So I just enjoyed myself in the now, because I knew tonight would be tense.

An hour later we were all piling out of the car and heading towards the house. The air was filled with laughter and a general over all feeling of happiness as we all joked with each other and walked into the house. Once we were inside we heard crying and I immediately headed towards it.

On the couch sat Ava, who had been staying with us since we found out about her and Jason being mates. She was a wreck. Jason had left a week ago and she hadn’t been able to deal. Sure she knew that logically her mate was a bad man and she understood that he needed to be sent away from us, but she still missed her mate. She wasn’t raised with the benefit of having my father in her life. Sure he was taken away from me brutally quick but I still learned valuable lessons. Plus having my former pack treat me like shit was also a deterrent in my caring about who my mate was. I always knew I would be rejected, sure I didn’t expect what actually happened but I was getting over that slowly.

Well I was. Now that ass was going to be in my personal area for at least two months. A constant reminder of the worst times of my life. I sighed and went to sit next to Ava. She needed comfort and I was here for her, even if I didn’t know what exactly to say to her.

Vince and his brothers looked at us sympathetically before going to the office to prepare for our visitors. Ariah took LJ out back to play probably. Vince Sr. sat in an armchair and rocked as he watched me hold on to the grieving woman.

After thirty minutes of him watching me I looked up at him expectantly. Clearly he had something he wished to say.

He smiled at me. “Im glad my son has you. That witch he was paired with by the fates was no good for him. You are perfect.”

I smiled happily at him. Vince Sr. was very sparing with the compliments so this meant a lot to me. I was sure I was even blushing a little.

“Thanks Mr. Walker. That means a lot.”

“Laurel we have had this talk. I know that you probably wont feel comfortable calling me dad. I wont try to replace him, but I wish we could come up with something besides Mr. Walker. OH! How about Pop?”

I tested it out. Pop sounded right to me for some reason and my smile turned to a full fledged grin.

“Ok. Pop.”

We continued to grin at each other before Pop’s face turned serious.

“What are we gonna do about our visitor Laurel?”

“I really don’t know. What can we do?”

Pop sighed. “I don’t know. Since he has already gone to prison, admittedly for too short a time, we cant lock his ass up like he belongs.”

“Wait Dominic went to prison? When?!”

“He was forced to go by his doctor and his brothers for two months. This was a month or so after you left him.”

I was shocked. Why did no one tell me this. Wait….

“How do you know about this?”

“Laurel I used to be beta of this pack. I know things.”

It was true, he had been beta. His brother had been alpha. Since Alexander hadn’t had any kids by the time he died, the alpha position went to his closest living relatives oldest child. Vince. Of course Alpha Alexander had been training Vince for the role well before he died. He had wanted Vince to have that title. And I was glad because Vince was an awesome Alpha and mate. I really loved him, irrevocably.

As I had that thought I heard multiple cars on the drive way and then they came to a stop. I heard voices. After a year I heard his voice. I sent shivers through my spine and not in a good way. My heart picked up speed as I clutched Ava closer to me. She looked up at me and held me tighter, we both needed the comfort.

Just then Vince and the triplets came into the room looking tense. They all spotted me burrowed into Ava. Pop hopped up and sat on my other side, hugging me close. Vince looked to Ava.

“Ava why don’t you go upstairs, we don’t want to upset you. Laurel can come up later if you all would like.”

She nodded then hopped up and took off like she was escaping possible torture, and in truth she was. I was shaking now. Vince knelt in front of me while Aubrey sat next to me, where Ava had been sitting. Andrew and Anthony surrounded me closely.

“Look, Laurel, we won’t let anything happen to you. I won’t let anything happen to you. Just breathe babe, don’t show him weakness. Do not show him he affects you at all.”

I nodded. He was right of course, I just had a momentary panic. I mean, who wouldn’t after all Dominic has done to me. He was evil.

There was a knock on the door followed by ominous silence. Anthony went and got the door and I heard their footsteps coming closer.

Evil was in my home. Evil had found me at last.