Chapter 54

Diana- One Direction

All I Need- Awolnation

Amazing -Hedley

If you don't believe you are beautiful, how are you supposed to feel beautiful? If you look in the mirror and can't find one single thing that you like, how are you supposed to gain the confidence you need to grasp in order to accomplish the simplest of life's tasks? If you spend your life constantly worrying about the way you are perceived and haven't enough room left to express your true colors, how are you going to acknowledge who you really are?

Giving into that peer pressure to be a normal pupil that flourishes with the crowd is the one thing everybody seems to succumb to. We are so caught up in perfecting each flaw on our fragile bodies that we particularly fail on observing our true beauty, leaving not even a drop of prosperity for ourselves. Our field of vision is completely blinded and the moral values we always want to grab ahold of but can never seem to grasp, float out of our reach like a helium filled ballon.

I say why bother.

Why bother trying to blend in like a tray of pastel shades when you could stand out and feel remarkable? Why bother buying the same pair of dark blue jeans every other girl in your school owns when the pair of pants with bright blue polka dots are cheaper and fit much more nicely? Why is it that nobody wants to be picked out from the crowd, holding onto that bravery every single person should cherish like it is their only drop of water.

I, for one, will no longer attempt to hide. I will buy those pants that have the crazy, colorful designs on them and I will rock them like no other. I will walk through public catching every single look from the naked eye, but I will not become accustomed to the judging eyes of souls that don't have the courage to follow my lead.

I have realized that standing out from the sea of blandness holds a feeling that I cannot describe. If you own that rare self esteem that only one in ten seem to accomplish, the minute everyone's eyes lay on you; it's like heaven. The feeling no longer describes itself like its piercing the surface of your skin, it gives you energy and the confidence to walk through the halls with your head up and your mind clear of those nasty judgments.

I used to want to dissolve into the crowds and I used to be terrified of withholding my own opinion, but now I will go to any length to get out what I have to say. I will not ever let a single soul push me down metaphorically or realistically because I can withstand the confidence I never thought I had. I will make sure my voice is heard, even through the darkest of positions.

I will never lose myself, not again.

I push through the crowd that routinely gathers at Harry's arrival. Opening the door, I sit in the passengers side and quickly shut the door.

"Hey baby," Harry leaned over the center console and kissed me.

"Hey," I smiled.

"How did it go?" He asked nervously.

"Fine," I said blandly, even though I wanted to burst into the details of the day.

"That's it? Just fine?"

"Yeah," I superseded a smile.

"Nothing happened?"

"Well, I got verbally attacked by Hannah..." I began and his face contorted into a worried gaze.

"I got so badly discouraged, and it was horrible. All I wanted to do was give up, Harry. Hannah pretty much told me to kill myself, so that's what I wanted to do-"

"Georgia, please-" tears quickly developed in Harry's eyes.

"I'm not finished. -but then I remembered what you told me earlier, that you're always there for me. I touched the cross," I grabbed the charm at my neck.