one very last thing

February 1st 2015

okay so i know this story ended months ago but i just wanted to add another note for you guys just to show my gratitude and to give you a little burst of confidence

it is very long but hopefully worth the read xx (oh and there's a photo that a laugh at every single day)

so here you go:

You know that feeling where you just can't take it any longer? Where you feel like you have been dragged up that endless mountain right to the very peak, but you haven't accomplished a single thing? Where it seems like every single day you are just waking up only to get it all over with and go back to sleep?

That feeling where no matter how many times you laugh or smile, the weight on your chest doesn't get any lighter.

Where you are sick of those harmless jokes thrown at you by your friends and family. Those simple things they say like "holy you're eating again?" or "that'll go straight to your thighs." Which are not meant at all to hurt your feelings, yet every single time you hear them you break that much more.

Because in reality, we humans are just like fire. Those beautiful people sitting around us, they never see what actually goes on.

To them its such a sight to see. Those yellow flames uprising, contrasting with the dark sky, bringing a whole new light into their souls. Love fills the air because that beautiful setting this fire creates holds a romantic safe haven behind it. For every piece of wood thrown in, the flames grow in appreciation, prancing gracefully through the pit. The heat given off seems like its enough to power the whole entire world because with that warmth comes love. And with that love, comes happiness. And with that happiness, comes the power to do something so simple as smile.

Yet, nothing is as it seems. For those beautiful people sitting around that beautiful campfire on such a beautiful night, fail to see something so...sinister. That fire that crackles throughout the night is actually just screaming for help. Those flames that bring a certain radiance and calmness within them are asking for even just a sliver of your attention. That wood that is fed to this fire is what it needs to survive. It needs that reassurance that something or someone else cares for it because it cannot do that for itself. Not anymore. It cannot go on any longer without the help of another individual or else it will simply...die. That safe haven that runs alongside the fire pit is so badly misinterpreted because those people sitting on the outside edges cannot possibly see what actually occurs.

For if you touch that fire, you will just get burned. If you get too close to the fire, you will just get burned. If you mistreat that fire, you will just get burned.

And eventually all those beautiful people will give up on that once beautiful fire. They will pack their stuff once they are finished watching the flames dance in an uproar. They will no longer feed that fire of what it desperately needs to survive because they no longer care. That fire will die out more quickly than it was ever lit. Those flames will give up on trying to stay beautiful because they realize that no matter how hard they try, they cannot live up to the expectation. Nothing will be left but those burnt embers at the bottom of the pile. Those crackles throughout that beautiful fire are not to make a sound because they simply cannot ask for help any longer. They are worn out, diminishing as each second withers away.

Do you see the resemblance I see?

Do you ever beat yourself up for the tiniest things? You answered a question wrong in front of the whole class and you put yourself through more shame than necessary? You laughed too hard at something that wasn't even that funny. You spent too long in the bathroom so your friends were making fun of you.