Chapter 49

Yesterday- The Beatles

Liam's POV

I screech into Georgia's driveway and I run out of my car without even turning the engine off. My hands become sweaty after every step I ascend closer to the entrance of her house and my heart beats beneath my ribcage. The phone call Harry received frightened me, although I never heard the conversation. It was just the way he hurried to end the call and stood up to his feet quickly, not paying me any attention when I asked what was wrong. Harrys face replayed in my mind, just the distress occurring in his features while he took in that phone call. The way I could feel the fear radiating off of him and felt his breathing hitch in his throat as he soaked in what the other end of the call was saying, that's was put me in my distraught. I have seen this face he wears so many times in the last month, and the only person that can complete this unsolved puzzle is Georgia.

Something has happened to Georgia.

I did try to follow him with my car but too many things got in my path that I couldn't get there in time. I had forgotten all about the fans that had lined around the front of the building and they wouldn't let me out of the parking lot. I hadn't of even thought of taking the back way because of the thoughts crowding my mind and deafening me with every breath I took. Traffic and the mobs that flew by me had caused me to be late, I was just hoping I got there in time.

I ran up the path and I was shocked to see the door off of its hinges, lying on the ground in front of me. This heightened my fears of the situation being extremely important, I didn't want it to be crucial and I didn't want anything bad to happen to Georgia.

She is a good soul who has been trapped by the awful voices screaming at her to stop messing things up. It breaks me to see her so vulnerable and scared of everybody, mostly herself. The beauty she holds is so powerful but she doesn't even grasp what she truly withholds, therefore she cannot conquer herself. The thought of something happening to her, something bad, literally kills me because I would rather myself die than her. She doesn't deserve this, she deserves so much more than this life she has been abruptly thrown into.

I jump over the fallen door and my eyesight was set on the stairs leading up to where her room must be, but something stopped me. The cries of someone in another room brought me towards it, like a magnet. My feet set upon where my ears heard the whimpering, I never even thought of how I was a stranger in another civilian's home.

I appeared through a doorway and saw a man, assuming its Georgia's father, on the black couch with his elbows on his knees, his head rested in his hands and he cried loudly. The floor creaked under my feet and this mans head came out from his distraught, his eyes lit up from the one sound that appeared.

"Georgia?" His asked through his quivering voice and snapped up his body turning to my figure in the doorway, his eyes burnt out like water on an open fire.

"H-Hello." I stuttered, not feeling very welcomed by the burning gaze that radiates off of him.

"Who are you?" His tone was hard and it only heightened my nerves.

"Liam." I put my hands in my pocket to hopefully show him I'm a ease, even though that's not the case at all.

"Why are you in my house?"

"I-I was looking for-"

"Georgia." He finished my sentence for me and I let out a small breath, noticing his expression soften only a bit. His face dropped and his eyes redirected on the floor beneath his feet.

"She...She's gone." He fell back down onto the couch and returned to the position he was in before I interrupted. I heard the cries he was trying to keep from me hearing, I had a feeling they were louder than he expected. My lungs felt like the air was squeezed out from them when I took in his actions and the words that escaped his mouth.