Sunshine Blue

~ Demi ~

     Marissa and I had been talking all night. I couldn't put into words how much I've missed her and her hilarious antics. She snuggled up to me, pressing her cheek against my shoulder as we slept. She was a comfort zone for me. A place where I could clear my mind and say whatever I wanted and wouldn't have to worry about anything getting out. By daybreak, I had pulled on some running shorts and a loose top. I hadn't been out for a run in a while and considering Marissa was with me, I'd go out and jog with her.

     "So you've been having sex with this hot guy and haven't told me?" She harshly breathed out as we ran around the corner.

     "Yeah." I smiled. "He was willing and so was I."

     "You dirty little perv." Marissa snapped just as we stopped to catch our breath. "So, is he any good?"

     "Shut up." I swatted at her, gliding my fingers through my sweaty locks.

     "What does Selena think of him?"

     "Uh." I hadn't trailed a thought towards the woman for the two hours I've been awake. "She didn't originally like him."

     "And now?"

     "If I'm happy, she's happy. But I'm not dating him." I reached for the water bottle at my side, sipping on it just as Marissa's eyebrow rose. "What?"

     "She actually thinks someone is good enough for you? I suppose after Wilmer...."

     "Let's not talk about him." I was ready to jog once more, looking out into the distance. "Let's head back." Wilmer and I were a long story. He came into my life when I was my most vulnerable. He wouldn't let me drown in the pit of despair that at the time, was my life. He helped me become the strong and very outspoken woman I was today and yet I had to let him go. We were perfect for each other in another life, not this one.

     "I'm sorry for bringing him up." Marissa dropped her arms around my shoulder, squeezing me tight. I hadn't noticed I had been walking until she and I were in step with one another.

     "It's okay. It hurts a lot less now than it had months ago."

     "You still talk to him though, right?"

     "No." I shook my head, my hair slowly brushing against my face. It was beginning to stick to the sweat that was ever so present. "He and I should have never been."

     "Don't say that."

     "But it's true. I was only using him to get over...my issues." I took a deep breath. "How in the hell did we get on this topic?" I began picking up speed once again, pushing Marissa's arm away as our caravan of tour buses came into view. Everyone was up and walking about, playing jokes on one another or just talking. I spotted Robert near Selena's trailer, his eyes searching for something. I separated from Marissa, walking over towards the man as he smirked.

     "What are you doing?" I snapped.

     "Oh nothing." He gave me this cheesy smile as if I was going to believe his stupid little statement.

     "Sure it's nothing."

     "Can I talk to you for a second, since you're here." Robert slid his hand into mine, and I swear I would of yanked away if he hadn't removed his hand first. I stopped in the middle of the walkway, waiting for him to speak as he nervously scratched his head.

     "What is it?"

     "It's about us."

     "There is no us." I crossed my arms to remind him. "We're just two people who sometimes may or may not end up fucking. And considering how attached you are to me..."