Day 50: Stay Supernaturally Relaxed

Naturally, we stress. What stimulates this anxiety comes from worrying about yesterday, today, and tomorrow. God constantly tells us only to focus on what is in store for us today because He knows that we have enough problems to deal with now. Worrying about the past is pointless because it can't be changed, and worrying about the future is pointless because we don't know what will happen. Matthew 11:28 tells us to come close to God and lay our burdens on him in order to have rest. The best way to release our everyday worry and anxiety is to leave it on Him. When we can learn to say, "No worries, God has it all under control", then we start to believe the truth more and more. I know I need work on this. I realize He regulates all situations, but I could use a bit more trust.. How to recognized that you don't have full assurance in God's promise to provide rest: You stress everyday about yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Think about it. Majority of the time, you are stressed about something that is still to come. Take the step to focus on what today has to offer. Today is a day you thought about a week ago. Now that it is here, you aren't thinking about it anymore! Stop dreading that day. You know what I'm talking about... Look at today. Here in Texas, the sun is shining, the temperature is in the 60's, and today is still the weekend. *Sigh*. Thinking about today is so relaxing. When you start noticing that all you think about is the now, see that as a very positive step! With a little practice, I know He will give you rest you desire. 

Matthew 6:33-34, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

-Katelyn