Day 43: Oops I did it Again

Ugh. I sinned again. I told myself and God that I wouldn't do it again. Sadly, I did. How do I get myself to stop? Have you ever thought these thoughts? If so, I can definitely understand. For some reason, as much as we try to stop a nasty cycle, it always slaps us back in the face. We want to change our ways, but the devil just seems to have his clutch on us - and it's tight. Whether it is lying, profanity, cheating, or more personal sins, you promise yourself that you are done the moment you do it again. Then, the devil creeps up to your ear and whispers, "Was it really that bad in the first place?" You ponder over this thought, initially slapping him for ever bringing up the thought. Then, it sinks in. Maybe he is right.. you tell yourself. You sin again, then feel like trash. Don't get discouraged. Luckily, God knows that we were made with a sinful nature and fully expects us to sin until the day we die. There has been and will only be one pefect man: Jesus. This, however, is no excuse to sin. He wants us to try and fight it with all we have. Luckily, when we fall and run to Him for forgiveness, He is quick to forgive. If God was anything like us, I am sure He would turn away from me alot due to unfulfilled promises. How great is our God that He loves us despite all our imperfections? The more you resist your temptation, the easier it gets. I promise you this is true. While resisting or when temptation arises, get in that Bible as fast as you can. God speaks to you when you urn for His voice. So urn for it! When He speaks, His voice is very loud. This means it shouldn't be hard to hear.. 

Remember two things:

1. We are all sinngers - Romans 3:23-26, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

2. Jesus is never the temptor -- the devil is. James 1:13-18, "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God "; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.  But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.  Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin ; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.  Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.  Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.  In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures."

Now keep fighting my strong warriors. The Word is your sword. Open it and prepare for battle. 

-Katelyn