Day 33: Oh, well

Cease from anger and forsake wrath; fret not yourself - it tends only to evildoing. - Psalm 37:8

 I need to work on this verse. I fret like 26/6. (Yes, I meant to write that.) I fret almost every hour of every day about something to come. Especially when a really bad day happens. You know the kind. It doesn't just feel long, but one bad thing leads to an entire chain of bad events. It's so bad that you want to rip your hair out, throw in a tylenol for your throbbing head, and just hit the hay super early. Ugh. You're not alone. Take for instance last this enjoyable personal narrative. It was a Saturday. Nothing went right. My friend and I were getting ready for Homecoming. Nobody was available for hair and makeup. Nobody. We searched for hours to get a place that would make us feel beautiful. We ended up going to homecoming with makeup (that I had cried in from my frustration), and hair that had not even been brushed for the day. In short, I was very dissapointed. I know that I have had much significantly worse days, but sometimes it's the little things that get to you. If I could learn to just say "oh, well" more often, maybe I could realize how superficial all these things are, I would stress less. Do you ever have moments like this? I'm not specifically talking about the days that are so horrible that it is nearly impossible to say, "oh well". I am talking about the days where the devil just pushed you around... alot. Shurg those days off. Notice the moment he gives you the first kick, and kick him back! Taking a punch is only going to allow him to sneak in another! So do it. When in a terrible day comes your way, just say "oh, well" and move on. Things are almost always better the next day. Maybe when we have a had enough practice, we can brush off even worse days. No worries. I am going to work on this with you.  

-Katelyn