Day 42: Big Bear Hug

Have you ever had a night where you just lost it? You were feeling every emotion all at one time. You had responsibilities to deal with, meetings to attend, internal conflicts to address. Heck, have you ever felt like you literally had the weight of the world on your shoulders? I had this feeling the other night. I discovered last night a dear friend who I grew up with committed suicide. I have a much anticipated meeting with some authority tomorrow, my grades are down, and to push it all over the top? My dog was being uncharacteristically aggressive last night. I was feeling everything all at one time. The moment my dog growled at me, I just lost it. I cried and tears poured out of my eyes. At that moment I cried out to God with all I had. All I could say was "Lord, come to me." Although I always need Him, at that moment, I admitted to God that I really needed Him to take the wheel. The next morning, God told me to relax in His hands. He had everything under control. I need this assurance constantly. I am no foreigner to pain, and odds are, you aren't either. When it rains, it pours. That's why I cried when my dog growled at me. Normally, I would never do that. Jesus loves it when we come to the point of breaking down. Why? When we get to that breaking point, we see no other option but to raise our hands to the heavens and ask for God to cover us in His peace. The devil wants you to fall and stay down. God is constantly offering himself to take the wheel. Sadly, we shove Him away saying we know the directions. That's when we lose focus and are unable to find the way. We feel lost - hopeless - afraid. Jesus is in the passenger seat. Throw your navigator away and let Jesus lead you in the right direction. Surrender it all, and Jesus will very gladly put you back on the right track. 

Here's a challenging and beautiful scripture that I will leave you with. May it work in you.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9, "Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it [pain, trials] should leave me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

-Katelyn