Day 64: "I have a crush..."

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Psalm 84:12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

Sometimes, I really hate emotions. Emotions have the potential to be as beautiful as the sun shining on a warm spring day, but they can also be as harmful as a tsunami wreaking havoc on a terrified city. It's funny how one thing can produce such different results!

Lately, I have been battling with the latter in terms of emotions. We've all been there: negativity, bad moods, anger. Those bad emotions can come from many different sources. Mine, unfortunately, comes from a crush. I know it sounds petty, fretting over a guy. Trust me, I'm a little embarrassed writing to y'all about it in my devotional. The truth of the matter, however, is that liking a person is nothing to be ashamed of. Considering I have pledged to be honest with y'all, I have no problem saying that a boy has occupied much of my thinking capacity!

Although this can be a fun thing, it can also be a dangerous one. Liking this guy as much as I have has resulted in me putting less of my time and effort into talking with God and has re-targeted my mind to thinking about the boy. And to my dismay, this guy I like has a girlfriend whom is a girl that I don't particularly like. Although she is moving out of state this year, there are still frustrating emotions that swallow me whole. Is it God's plan that I end up with this guy that I think about sunrise to sunset, or is it his plan to give me these devastating emotions only for me to realize that I should be more worried about how God is going to handle the situation rather than how I am going to handle this situation. Either way, it is very important to put God first when you're worried about a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/crush. In all situations, love is a very spiritual thing. (Yes, that includes simply liking a person.)

Just make sure that if you're like me, you don't let that boy or girl control how you feel about yourself and how much you talk to God. God is your cornerstone and you would much rather Him make the decision on if you should be with that person than having him allow you to choose! Considering I have made so many bad choices in my life, there is no way I'd rather myself make life-changing decisions. I would rather have the man who has never made a bad judgement call make decisions for my life. Trust God and in the end, He will lead you to the person that you are meant to be with. Hey, that might even be the person you're crushing on.

-Katelyn Kubosh