Day 11: Never Go to Bed Angry

When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down. - Ephesians 4:26

Now, I don't know about you, but I'm glad this verse is in the Bible, because it helps us to build character by giving us a guideline to follow in handling our anger: let go of anger before bedtime. There is only one problem. What happens when we become good and mad just before bedtime? If we become mad in the morning, at least we have all day to get over it. But when we become mad close to bedtime, we have to make a quick decision. Staying angry when you lay your head down to sleep opens a door for the devil and gives Satan a foothold. Once Satan gets a foothold on our lives, then he can move on to a stronghold.  You may wonder, Well, if I am mad, what should I do about it? Get over it! You may think, That's easy for you to say, but you're not in my situation. I may not be in your situation, but you are not in my situation either. We all have different situations. If you are going to live a joyful, victorious life, you have to do so by choice and not by feeling. So, never go to bed angry. Just get over it!

-Katelyn