What if?

Klaus Pov

"Are you sure?"
"Yes"
Her single answer is strong , nothing is left for argument.
This whole week while she was in her heat, we mated over and over again and never once we used protection. So this is not really a surprise for me but hearing it from her mouth brings a certain satisfaction and responsibility to me.
I look in to her eyes, thinking of ways to best articulate the offer.
"Arla it's time " I pause letting her think about my words.
"It's time for you to come home"
She doesn't look surprised, that calm face of hers doesn't betray a thing that she's feeling.
"I should go back to my pack"
"You're carrying my pup Arla, it's not your decision anymore "
I stand up and close  the distance between us . My growls are a threat to her to know my displeasure. She instantly covers her belly , trying to protect what's hers to protect.
A chill runs through my nerves. Does she think that I would hurt her or our pup?
"I won't hurt you Arla" My fingers brushing her hair.
"You have before "
Her answer irritates me. We are having a pup! It's not like I have hurt her for no reason.
"I don't want to let you out of my sight. Please understand I need to protect my mate and my pup. You can't shift, you will be too weak to protect him.
"Her"
She corrects me , of course it's a female given Arla is a true Luna. But we both are also Alphas, our pup will be so strong. That on the other hand will mate Arla weak.
"It doesn't matter to me "
Her beautiful black eyes bore in to mine.
"Come home with me then"
Her voice is soft and delicate, her female charms are getting the best of me. But I can't stay 6 months away from my pack.
"Arla please "
"Do you think Amazon would welcome her? Do you think she could be the Amazon Alpha?"
"She's my daughter, they have no choice "
"I'm sorry Klay "
She doesn't say another word .Going to the bathroom,she closes the door behind her.
I pace in the small room my wolf angry wanting the control. He will make her stay . But his ways will never work on Arla. She won't submit to my wolf even though I'm the strongest at the moment.
She doesn't take much long in the shower. Even with all the worries I have, I can't look away from her wet body when she exits the bathroom;so beautiful!
She puts on some clothes, not really paying attention to the hideous look she now has with those baggy clothes.
I shift to my wolf and Arla climbs on my back without objecting. A wise decision. My wolf would have gone crazy if she tried to shift to her wolf as the shifting can indeed harm the pup inside. In about two weeks she won't be able to shift even if she wanted to; nature's way of protecting its children.
It's like the forest is a little greener, wind a little warmer and the sun a little brighter. I am going to be a father.
Even with all the issues it brings my wolf is cautious not even to keep one paw off his trail. He feels the responsibility of the lives he's carrying.
She doesn't get down when my wolf stop near the main door to our pack house. She runs her fingers through my fur, his seductive growls are just for this female.
"Klaus"
My mother's voice breaks the spell between us. She has not forgiven Arla for killing Kaden. Have I?
Arla gets off me meeting my mother's eyes with ease. It's not the same between these two females anymore. I go to our room not wanting to hear what the females wanted to discuss. Looking at the image of myself in the bathroom mirror I see I have gained more muscles than I thought I have, I look fierce, strong; I feel strong.
I take a long shower, washing the dirt away while thinking about a way to make everything right for my family.
Coming out I she is the first thing I notice. She's fully dressed, a shoulder bag hanging on her right shoulder. I don't need her words to know that she's leaving me ;again.
I have never felt this angry ever in my life, it's not her life alone anymore! My long legs close the distance between us fast , she's scared , I can feel it. Good she should be!
"Klay, Don't make this harder for me"
Her voice is a mere whisper, my beast calm down instantly.
"I need you to understand this, I don't feel safe here. I can't shift,I can't protect her if someone decides to harm her, Amazon wolves hates me, I can't stay here when I'm at my weakest, please I want you to understand " Her voice breaks , my hands automatically going around her waist to support her.
"I need you to understand "
She kisses her mark on my neck, my wolf is fighting inside me wanting the control ,to take his mate's discomfort away from her.
"I understand Arla "
"My mate is pregnant with my pup, she can't protect herself anymore, she wants to leave me, I don't want her to. If they're miles apart, how can I protect them? "
She doesn't say anything, I didn't expect her to either.
"I want to see her growing inside you, I want to be there for you, don't take this away from me Arla, because I won't let you "
Her eyes snap at me , I know she didn't like the last sentence but that's the truth. This time I won't.
"Then come home with me"
"You know I can't leave my pack for 6 months "
We stare at each other , emotions getting the best of me.
"Are you going to forcefully keep me here"
Her voice is dangerously low. She articulates it differently, it's not like that.
"Because you have given me no choice "
My voice is deep with my wolf's presence.
"You can come with me , for this once I ask you to choose me and our pup over your pack, just this once."
She pause letting her words sink in to my marrows.
"I give you a choice, but I can see that you don't wanna choose that. You choose to leave me alone in this. Know this Klaus , I swear to god I will never forgive you if you force me to stay in Amazon"
Her eyes are shining, I don't know whether it's because of anger or is it from the tears she desperately trying to hide.
"If you are not willing to leave Olympic, it's not fair for you to expect me to leave Amazon, is it Arla?"
"Well I'm here aren't I ? I was here for 3 months, I would have stayed longer if you didn't wake up! I understand the priorities Klaus and I know you do too. Unfortunately it will never be me"

She stops wiping her cheeks that are wet from her tears. Collecting her self making sure her emotion less face is on she leaves the room not even giving another look at me.
I stay stunned knowing that all she said was true. I have never put anyone before my pack because I can't. Not even myself.
I mind link Damien to arrange a car to drop Arla to the airport. No matter how hard I try I know locking her up is not an option.
Few minutes later I watched my mate leaving my pack house with my pup growing in her belly.
I just stay in my room the rest of the day and nobody dare disturbs me. My pain is too much it doesn't even reduce after a bottle of whiskey. My head is hurting with the amount of alcohol that my body is not willing to corporate. And after I lost count of the number of glasses I took I loose my consciousness.
Dreams are consuming me it's too much for me to bear to sleep. Getting up my body refuses to follow my command I slowly climb down the stairs not wanting to fall. The sight downstairs stun me. Damien is sitting on the floor , his pregnant mate on the couch belly full and round. His head resting on her thighs. Suddenly I'm not drunk anymore. I'm sober with the reality this scene brings.
A lot has changed for past few months. I sit on the staircase not taking my eyes off them.
It's his senses that wakes him up I guess. He stands between me and her protectively. Our eyes meet for a second before he comes and sits next to me on the stairs.
After a while he breaks the silence.
"She's pregnant, Isn't she?"
I don't answer him , I know that he knows. Somehow.
"I could say"
He states.
And when I look at him his eyes are fixed on his mate who's sleeping on the couch.
And looking at his eyes I just know I made the wrong decision.
"What if I say I want to go live with her"
I ask him looking at the round belly of his mate.
"What if I say I understand "
And when I look at him his eyes are on me, and in them was the promise he made me long time ago; his loyalty to me.