Oasis

Arla Pov
"It's as clear as day, I'm in Amazon. Talking to Mazikeen in the healer's room. Yet the room is filled with small stones and pebbles. When I look closely each and every one of them have an image of the moon. Mazikeen 's voice distracts me. And she says something that she has already told me once.
"You are more powerful than you can ever imagine "

I wake us from the dream, gasping for air. It was not a nightmare but all my body has gone cold and when I look out of the window I see the moon, not full , half way down in her cycle. I walk to the balcony the pull towards her is not as strong as it is on the full moon, but it's there just under the surface.

I feel an unexplainable power under her gaze. As if like she is pouring me some strange power to my veins.
I pull my phone out dialing the number I can remember just as my name.
"Arla"
He doesn't let the phone ring twice. It's early morning at Amazon because of the time difference , his voice calls to my core.
My wolf excited to hear the voice of her mate. Somehow she suppresses the need for her mate just like my human side does. She still remembers how he disrespected us at the Luna bonding, and she also remembers how he treated us the last time we visited him.
"I want to talk to Mazikeen Klaus"
I keep my voice emotion less. Cold.
I hear him take a breath.
"Do you now?"
He just says for the sake of replying. I know this is not he wanted me to say after weeks of silence.
"Are you hurt?"
He asks , his voice full of concern. My heart warms at his words.
"No I have to ask her something "
He takes a sharp breath.
"Ask your question , I'll let you know the answer if that's a reasonable question"
This doesn't suit with me , I don't want him to know about my dreams or visions , at least not until I'm fully aware of what they really mean.
"It's personal Klaus "
"Well she is not available in my bed room at 7 am"
He snaps, clearly not liking not being told what he wants to know.
"I know, If you could ask her to call me back , I would be extremely thankful Alpha Klaus "
Silence, it doesn't suit with him that I'm being all formal with him. I listen to his breathing,calming my own beast.
"I'll see what I can do Alpha Aria"
The line goes dead. Aria , it sounds different coming out of his lips, my real name.
I sigh and get ready to train my warriors. I no longer train secretly with Jason, now I train with the pack like a real alpha.
"Alpha Aria"
I turn my attention towards this juvenile.
"I lost my fight last week to join as a female warrior "
I silently analyze this female, she is not really strong to be a female warrior. My warriors are chosen with care, male or female I pick them if they are good and if I see the potential. Her eyes are looking at the wet cement of the gym. She's respectful but not scared of me. I have a feeling that this female 's courage would be more than that of combined many warriors.
"I can re battle for a position if you allow it Alpha"
From the corner of my eye I see some senior female warriors waiting for my answer.
"Alexandra will train you and she will present you when she feels right "
I look at Alexandra nodding at her, she bows her head taking my command.
"Thank you Alpha"
I nod to the juvenile. "What's your name ?"
I ask out of curiosity.
"Valor"
She says smiling.
Valor ; Courage in Spanish
I smile back at her and it feels like I made a friend after a really long time.

Even after hours of training I wonder who her parents were to name her Valor. Most of the werewolves only speak their mother tongue. But higher ranking children are privileged to learn different languages in support of communication between packs. That's why I speak English, Spanish, French , Arabian and Russian. Most Lunas speak at least 3 languages.

My phone buzz distracting me from my thoughts. I don't recognize the number.
"Alpha Aria"
I say out of habit.
"Alpha this is Mazikeen , Alpha Klaus says you wanted to talk to me?"
"Yes Mazikeen, Are you in a place where you can talk ? In private I mean "
"Yes Alpha I'm at my home"
"Mazikeen when you said that' I'm more powerful that I can ever imagine ' the last time we met, I need to know what you meant "
Silence. I give her the time she needs to answer.
"Why are you asking me this now?"
She finally asks. This slightly irritates me , lesser wolf questioning me .
"Because I need to know Mazikeen , Are you not going to tell me?"
I directly ask her, if she's not telling me what she meant there's no point in wasting my time on her.

"Did you have a vision?"

She asks not really answering my question. I think about it for a moment and then gives her a pain answer.
"Yes"
"I could feel your power when I touched you, it has not of Luna or an Alpha, your power was more ... holy Devine, like the moon"
I don't say anything. I don't know what would fit to her revealing.
" You know Amazon is known for their history, I knew about your power the first day I touched you, so I did my research "
She pauses, I hear noises from the background, she sat on a chair.
"Long time ago there were Lunas who could communicate with the moon who could look in to the future, who could ask questions from the moon at troubled times"
A chill ran down my spine. The pull towards the moon, the strange power.
"In Ancient Greek and Roman believes Luna is the moon goddess her self. When she created Werewolves she created Lunas to be the most powerful. People often misunderstand the physical strength of an Alpha as power. It is not My Luna, moon goddess only created males to protect the true powerful creature, the Lunas"
"Do all the Lunas have this power?"
I ask because if so ,it would have been common knowledge .
"No my Luna generations after generations things changed. Males dominated females with their strength. Luna position was given to the Alpha's mate, and was not passed down from a Luna to her first female like it was wanted by the moon, so the descendants of true Lunas were ignored"
"So my mother was a true Luna?"
I ask her thinking thoroughly about all this.
"Yes I think so. That's why you're a female. A Luna's first born will always be a female, even though your father was an alpha, his seed is weak when compared to your mothers"

"If that is true, why is it never heard of about a female first born from an alpha and a Luna?"
" Alpha is the strongest of the pack , it doesn't mean he would be the ideal for the Luna , may be there were in the past,I don't know "
"What does all this mean Mazikeen? "
"It means you can communicate with the moon goddess. I couldn't find more about how to, but I found out that the communication mostly happens through visions. And the moon can call you and you can call the moon when ever it fits"
"Ohh and seems like moon wants my attention "
I state .
"Luna, as much as I respect you, you know I can't keep this from Alpha Klaus right? "
Her voice doubtful, I could say that she doesn't want to provoke me.
"I understand Mazikeen, I trust you to say only what is needed"
"Of course Luna"
I figured that she will call me Luna from now on. Even I start to wonder whether it is more suited for my situation than the title Alpha.
"Mazikeen, how do you know all these?"
I ask surprised a healer would know such tales even with her old age.
" I got to know from a friend who was once a maid to a Luna herself, she refused to give me more details"
"So there are other true Lunas ?"
"I said she was a maid, turned out she was the maid of your grandmother. "

Grandmother! I take a breath, I have to meet her, sooner than later.
" So are they in Titans?"
" Your grandmother passed away shortly after your mother's death. And the maid of your grandmother returned home shortly after her rituals"
"My grandmother was not from Titans?"
"No my Luna she was mated to a Titan wolf and as the customs declares she had to leave her birth pack to live with her mate"
"Oh" I say so it means all three of us have been mated to wolves from different packs. My grandmother to a Titan wolf, my mother to an Olympic wolf and me to an Amazon wolf. Then I ask her .
"What was my grandmother 's pack?"
She answers without a blink of a eye.

"Oasis"