Time

Arla Pov

I recognize the feeling the moment I wake up, the need to just stretch out so that I can feel his skin is too much. But I don't dare move, the sooner I leave the better, before he figures out that my heat is coming.
I quickly get dress, giving him one more look I walk downstairs . She is sipping coffee looking at the space in front of her.
All my attempts to make peace with her failed miserably, but I understand what she is going through. The death of your child is not something you can forget easily. I slightly bow at her, showing her the respect she deserves.
"Run away, that's what you're good at. Don't think he has a right to know about the future you're taking away from him "
Sarcasm is thick in her ice cold words. This female has a way of just knowing things.
I choose not to answer, I know whatever I say would lead to make her hate me more.
"If you leave you're on your own, no wolf will accompany you , no vehicle will take you "
My scent will attract males to mate with me. If I don't get a car the run would be difficult for me with my heat. But if that's what she wants me to go through, so be it.
I carefully undress putting all my clothes in my shoulder bag with my purse , documents and money. Shifting in to my wolf, carrying my belongings in my mouth I start the run from his home to mine. When I get to the human land I can get a cab and go to the airport easily, till that I have to run in my wolf form.
Wolves chasing me, I give them no mind, they can't catch me, I'm too fast for any ware wolf. I run at a stretch until I pass half of the territory. My stomach is screaming for food specially with my heat. I put my bag under a tree, listening carefully to catch a rabbit to eat. The chase is easy ,I quickly swallow it and start to hunt another one, following the scent of a deer this time.
Poor animal has no hope under my sharp teeth. I was so consumed with the kill when I notice the presence of wolves.
Males, coming for me, to take what is not theirs to take. I give them a piercing growl, warning them of what I'm capable of. They are too driven by hormones to know what's coming, young wolves mainly. Some hesitate when they realize it's me, but the cowards feel strong when they are in packs.
Twelve wolves, all in young age. It's gonna be tiring but I know that they have no chance in a fight with me. My wolf surge forward meeting the challenge to protect her honour.
I start my dance, they don't wait and come one after one , they fight together ;as cowards.
I am tired , my coat is soaking with blood but I don't give up until I make sure they are no more. Even with  all the rage in the world I am feeling,I could not bring my self to kill them. Some have run off ,some are too wounded to get up. My eyes closing from the loss of blood yet I refuse to put my guard down. I have to stay strong.
That's when I smell him, the male that I'm sure would protect me with his life. And I give in ,closing my eyes to take me to a much needed sleep.
I feel him lick my wounds, then trying to wake me up,he can't take me anywhere while I am in my wolf form, long time ago he could but not anymore.
I shift in to my human form, human arms catch me , carrying me somewhere, when I open my eyes I see his face. Frustration and disappointment clear on his face. Is he disappointed that I managed to survive? Does he wish I failed? His thoughts from earlier haunt me. Does he wish for my death? My mind doesn't corporate fully to think logically. Instead I give in to the warmth of his body resting my head against his broad shoulder.
We come to a small cabin, layers of dust covering almost everything.
"Can you stand?"
I nod , I'm all healed now.But I would not have minded another few minutes in his arms.
"Go outside until I clean this. Don't go out of vicinity,I don't want males smelling you "
The tone he use doesn't really go well with my wolf, but I let it go, sitting on a rock by the cabin's door.
He takes hours cleaning it, sometimes I feel his eyes on me but neither of us utter a word.
He takes few trips to a lake nearby to get water to clean the floor, then he brings a huge pile of clothes,  bedsheets, table clothes, towels ,some t shirts and shorts.
"Come with me"
I follow him to the lake. Water is as clear as crystal it's so hard to not go in.From the corner of my eye I see him washing the huge pile of clothes using a big soap bar.My female eyes are drawn to his perfect muscles that are more defined with my heat.My wolf is begging me to go to him. But I know better.
I walk in to the water trying to ease the burning desire in my core with the help of soothing water. He let the clothes dry in the sun light then comes in going deep in the water.
He swims for hours but he doesn't come close to me it's like there's an invisible line that is drawn separating us.
After hours he goes to the bank, gathering all the clothes that he left on rocks to dry in the heat.
"Come"
I follow him without a word, collecting the bucket he used to get water in one hand.
The floor of the cabin is almost dry. I wait patiently until he put the bedsheets, table clothes and towels in place. Our presence fill the small cabin up. It only has a bathroom, a small kitchen and a somewhat big bed room. Small fire place that's by the table is not lit.
He throws a t shirt at me, pulling one down his torso covering his beautiful maleness. He doesn't give me a short but covers himself anyway.
Finally now everything is in place he has no choice but to face me.

"Did you not know that it was your heat?"
"I knew "
He closes the gap between us in few long strides. Pushing me to the wall , his strength is pinning me against the wall.
I'm in my heat that means I will be less strong than other times and he will be stronger than any other day. Heat makes the males stronger naturally to help him protect his mate from other males. On the other hand females get weaker with extra focus on procreation than anything.
"So why are you roaming in the forest? Do you want another male's pup inside your belly? Do you want to take that away from me too?"
His words cut me deep.
He is  pressing in to me, despite all his anger I can feel his excitement poking in to my underbelly.
"If that's what I wanted, I wouldn't have fought them , have I ?"
I don't want to tell him that his mother didn't allow me to take a car. I'm not like that.
He growls at me , powerful growls . I have never seen him this primitive and full of maleness. Anger is a powerful motivator.
He bites my mark down hard. My marrows tremble with the power of sensation, the need ;the desire.
He push me to the bed climbing on top of me. He takes my t shirt off leaving me in nothing but he only pulls his short down . Entering me quickly he begins to rock, our moans fill the small cabin. My emotions are too strong ,the feeling he's giving me is too consuming. With a deep thrust he pour himself inside of me, then pull out of me.
My whole body hurt from the sudden emptiness, I am so close to my climax I can't take his withdrawal. This is beyond anything that have I've ever gone through.
I try to pull him back , pulling from the material of his t shirt. He walks off from me stopping by the door to look back at me. I'm all open for him, my legs spread all naked eyes begging to give me what my body needs at the moment.
My heart breaks at the realization.Closing my legs trying to put some sort of friction between them , my whole body trembles with need, I cry out loud my pain tears falling down nonstop from my cheeks. All my tears I gathered for past 3 months without shedding , now flows freely.I can't control this. My pain is too much I can't keep it to myself. I know he feels a part of it too, but I don't dare look at him.
"Fuck"
I hear him curse out loud.
Then he climbs on top of me picking up from where he left me and starts the thrusts.I don't open my eyes , tears still coming from my closed eyes.
After I get my climax only I calm down, slowing my breathing I open my eyes. Looking down at me he wipes my tears off my face then kisses my forehead. It's impossible for him to ignore me, to ignore his mate who is in her heat. His nature wants him to give me what only he can give.
I have never felt this safe ever in my life than right here in his arms.
"I would never wish for your death Arla"
I slowly climb on top of him lying on his strong body on my stomach.
I fall asleep calmly after a long time listening to his heart beat knowing that it's ok , that he is there.
As I close my eyes , the moon shows me a vision; a small girl with brown eyes running in the forest,  her midnight black hair dancing in the wind. As her eyes meet mine I just know, it's time.