Howl

Klaus Pov
Vasilissa is beautiful in her tribal costume. Eyes looking radiant with power and happiness. My insides are burning with the pain I feel, the amount of pressure of the decision I'm about to cross has made me hunch my shoulders. This she wolf is not her.

I didn't even call Arla after I made my mind, I am a walking clown who can't even keep his promises that he made to his female. Vasilissa looks happy to be fucked in front of all these wolves. It irritates my wolf further, he refuses to be a part of this.

I hear it from not so far away. The voice  that awakens my every nerve. A wolf 's cry of pain to the moon. The plea is too powerful I instantly shift wanting to stop whatever is hurting my my mate.
My reply to her howl is equally painful all my pain, insecurities, doubts, hurt compressed in one howl. My wolf is in control, he doesn't care about the shocked faces of the pack members, or how she came so close without me knowing, all he wants is to ease his female and take away her worries.

She runs to the center of the circle, her mere being is too powerful my worriers moving away giving her the space to come to me. She is furious, It's not Arla's eyes that regard me but her wolf's.  Everything freezes in that moment, the only sound is the blowing wind , no body dare moves.
She breaks eye contact,  looking at Vasilissa. A very bad feeling creeps inside of me, if she is to challenge Vasilissa the fight won't be fair.

I am ashamed to admit that I don't care at the moment but I have to protect my pack. Vasilissa is a part of my pack and Arla is an Alpha of another pack, I can't let that happen. Even my wolf understands that it should not happen.
"Klaus "
Vasilissa's voice full of fear and discomfort. This is why she's not my mate, she doesn't stand up and meet the challenge that is inside her den. She should be the one to deal with Arla. Female to female, Luna position is not just to have my pups, a Luna should lead the pack as much as an Alpha, specially when it comes to handling females. A Luna should have faced the challenge made by a female from another pack even if the fight is a call to death. She's not strong enough to stand next to me.
Arla's wolves waits impertinently challenging Vasilissa to shift and fight. Her wolf doesn't attack Vasilissa 's human form. It strikes me how elegant and honest this wolf is. A she wolf with true honor and pride.
She tilts her head looking between me and Vasilissa , growing her anger to me growling her challenge to Vasilissa.
She takes a step towards her prey. I come between them, standing before Vasilissa facing Arla answering her challenge to a lesser wolf.
I will never forget the hurt her eyes showed that moment.
"You choose her over me"
She mind links me through the bond. Her questions are blunt honest and direct. Just like her.
I don't have words, this was my choice but I know that no one can even come close to my heart like she did.
My lack of response breaks her heart.
"Do you not want me?"
"I have obligations to my pack Arla"
"You have obligations to me Klaus"
"You don't want to be a part of my life Arla, and I can't wait forever "
She growls her displeasure at me taking another step towards me her wreath is so powerful even I'm trying so hard to meet her eyes.
Vasilissa collapse to the ground.
Shame washes over me. She is definitely not the right she wolf,  Amazon is a brutal pack with old customs, she should be more stronger to lead it.
"That is your replacement for me? That?"
Her words as powerful as a slap. We are so worked up trying to get control from our wolves to have a logical conversation while in our wolf form.
"The bonding ceremony will not happen tonight, yoll are dismissed "
I use my mind link to inform everyone not even trying to see their reaction. I have failed not at one bonding ceremony but at two.
Rosalie makes her way to Arla, leaving a blanket on the floor she leaves without a word. Damien and Rosalie are quick to lead the wolves away. My wolf try to get closer to her now that we're alone but she has fierce growls to my every movement.
We stay like this for hours not saying anything growls getting weaker with time. Finally she gets up shifting herself to her human form. My wolf  is eyeing up and down this female remembering his last encounter with her. She doesn't try to cover her nudity. This full fledged female is eye candy for my eyes.
Taking the control back I shift back to my human form. My modesty is covered by my tribal costume which stretches when I shift to my wolf form and returns to its initial form when I'm on my two legs.
I can't take my eyes off her, all our differences are faded as we look at each other.
Moon is watching above us , as if to witness our union. Wind is a soft yet hard enough to mess her midnight black hair. Under the moon light with no witnesses we complete what we should have completed at our bonding ceremony. It is rough , no gentleness no patience. This is to make up to our lost time, to punish her for her betrayal, to hurt her the way she hurt me. She doesn't whimper, taking everything I give. Only desire in her gorgeous eyes, she hurts me too her bites are possessive, hard. Her claws piercing my skin. The grip she has on my length is tight and rough. Yet all this is a beautiful pain. No matter how hard we try ,we can't really hurt each other.
I lie on my stomach head  resting on my folded arms. She lays on top of me , head on my right arm, my muscles making a hard pillow for her to rest. This brings a smile to my lips, long time ago she said she loves my arms. I don't disappoint her with my well built triceps and biceps.
"You choose another she wolf over me , you break your promise, you defend her over me, you disrespect me infront of all these wolves, yet I let you fuck me." Her voice is quite and painful.
"That's how much control you have over me"
She says after a moment. I can feel her pain as if it's my own. She lets me see it , not bothering to shield her raw emotions.
"You disrespected me in front of three packs, You destroyed my bonding ceremony, you refuses to have a future with me , but I still make love to you."
I pause regretting our positions. I want to look it to her eyes as I say this.
" That's how much control you have over me "
I conclude making my point. After couple of minutes or is it hours after? She speaks.
"When did I say I don't want a future with you?"
"Are you willing to compromise?"
I don't have to ask her the exact question,she just knows.
"Are you Klaus?"
Am I ? Can I give up my Alpha title to live a life with her?
"No"
I say quietly.
"I just don't know how to make this work Arla"
My voice is small , a lover's voice to his female.
She sighs at my words.
"I don't either Klay, but I know that I want to "
Her words are warm , voice feminine, her lover's voice, only to my ears.
"I had only two options, either to take another female as my Luna or I had to breed my first Beta's female "
She's trying to understand my situation. Even after all of this she's trying to see how hard it was for me with her gone.
"So you chose the lesser of the two evils?"
She states it as a fact than asking it as a question.
"I will be 26 soon Arla , the pack needs a successor "
"Do you Klaus?"
"Not if we are thousands of miles apart"
"We will figure it out if it happens"
She says to my arm. Then kisses it , biting it down passionately. I never knew a bite to my triceps could be such a turn on.
"That she wolf is too weak for me, but know this Klaus, I will stay faithful to you even though we're miles away, I want the same from you,and I will kill anyone who trys to take what's rightfully mine "
She says with an edge to her voice.
"Are you saying that you're giving me a successor?"
She doesn't say anything for a while.
"No , what I'm saying is I want a pup with you, I want a family with you. What he will become is not my concern at the moment "
I think about her words. I again think how simple this female who is the Alpha to two territories is. Just do what is needed, stay faithful.
Our peace is disturbed by a howl. The sad cry of a she wolf to the moon and we both know who the howl belongs to.