Thirty nine days

Klaus pov

It has been thirty nine days.  I still remember her first words to me after the first day of her healing.
" I don't want you to see me like this.  Please"
Her eyes were full of hope , For the first time since I met her she spoke to me with such a softness, I just couldn't say no to her.
In a way I understand what she tried to tell me yet I wished she could have had faith in us.In her mate !
I would have asked the same if I were in her situation, still my wolf goes crazy not having her smell, he wanted her.
I've been listening to her crys from the opposite side of the door. So much of pain. My wolf relentless , preferring to sleep on the floor near her door, protecting the most precious thing he has ,when she's at her weakest.
Autumn updated me about everything. I thought she would come out of that room the moment she could walk on her own. She didn't, saying that she's not ready.  Sometimes I sneak a peek from the open window , her naked body soaked from different oils. She looks beautiful, better. I could tell she feels my presence,  natural pull towards her mate, she never acted upon it, always occupying herself with something ,reading mostly.
Amazon herbs and the healers do miracles ; according to autumn her skin is perfect and smooth no sign whatsoever about a troubled past as it should be, as it should have been from the start.
My wolf is at edge, Angry he is kept away from his mate for so  long, even I'm getting a little agitated. 

"I love you too" she says.  My ears picking the latter part of the conversation. I see her looking down at her phone; smiling.  Jealousy is a poison, she looks up holding my gaze, non of us submitting,  not looking away. She comes to me, I can't remember why I was angry at her, my mind can only focus on the godess coming towards me, so much beauty that I can't help but get hardened.  The need to take her is too uncomfortable in my pants. She approaches me slowly, eyes on eyes.
I didn't realise what she was doing until the door was shut in my face.
What does she think I am? Was she playing me? I'm the alpha of this pack, no one disrespect me like that , not even her.
I took a deep breath to calm myself,  it took all my willingness to not break that door and claim what's mine.
Leaving the healing room I go to my office , there are some treaties that needs my attention. On my way I see my mother attending to the pack school , do your duty-come what may.  I feel proud of her , the most respected Luna of all time, I bow my head with respect , she smiles her motherly smile.
"Klay, How're things with Aria?"
Her name merely sends a chill through my body.
"Good"
I keep it simple.

"Then start the bonding ceremony son"
Desire runs through my blood. I will finaly get to be with her, mine in every possible way.
"Tonight"
She just nods at me.
***
Four times I knocked . She doesn't answer the door. I don't like how she's treating me, my wolf wants to teach her a lesson for all this , to let her know how strong we are, powerful we are.

I smell her presence, strong , close.  I choose to enter breaking the promise I made to her 39 days ago. She looks at me, eyes sharp ,challenging me. What did I do?
"I know why you're here. I won't do it,  I won't be apart of any of it"
She knows.  She thinks she's a Smart wolf.
" Do what?"
" Luna Bonding"
"You think you have a choice"
"I don't think,  I know"
Her words cutting me deep, Does she not want to be mine?
"I'm your mate"
She doesn't say anything, it irritates me further.
" Am I not male enough for you?  You find me defective? "
She shakes her head,and that's not enough for me.
"Answer me"  unintentionally I use my alpha male power over her grabbing her shoulders ,my claws ascending slightly.  She has been testing me , pushing me away too much.
Any other wolf would be on their knees, but she just blink , looking at her arm that is bleeding from the power of the hold I have on her with my claws present.
Smell of her blood brings me to reality, claws descending.
"Does this have anything to do with the call you made in the evening? "
"Yes"
My heart sinks. Anger threatening to overcome my senses.
Looking at her more closely I can see she's sad , her eyes look withdrawn.  I pull her towards me, my arm going around her waist strongly.  She trys to pull away, but she will have none of that. I kiss her head and she closes her eyes. I will not force a female, I have never done that. I can smell her desire in the air, she likes this close proximity as much as me.
"I want to go back to my pack"
She says the words in a small voice,  no authority in that voice just the need.
Does she not understand what I am to her? What she is to this pack? To me?
"I will leave"
With that I bring my lips to hers. It's rough,  I make it rough. This is to show her who she belongs to. She doesn't open for me,not letting me deepen the kiss. I bite her lower lip increasing the pressure untill I taste her blood.
I kiss her lips again , more slowly this time, my way of trying to make it better. I pull away slightly, looking down at her. I affect her, she likes it when I kiss her,  but she doesn't kiss me back or try to deepen the kiss. I respect her for showing such a resistance.
I don't know this wolf. What she really is.
"I will leave"
She says again as if to prove a point. 
Knock on the door breaks the starring contest.
"Klaus,  I brought Dayna's dress"
I smile. She will look beautiful in this.
"Leave it"
I say and she turns to leave without a word.
"Thank you Autumn"
She gives a genuine smile to my sister,  it makes me smile she's showing respect to my family.

"Arla you are my mate. This pack's future Luna, whether you like it or not you're bounded to me, I've been nothing but forgiving for you.  I took you to my pack when your own pack almost killed you, I stayed away when you asked me to,  I slept on the floor on the otherside of your door so that your wolf will get some sleep,  you disrespect me continuously yet I let you stand in front me. My pack needs a Luna and they're excited about you. Do you know that?  Or were you so self thinking about you all this time you forgot about the people who counted on you?"
She looks down , shame is what she's feeling, I use my thumb to bring her face up, just touching under her chin. "I've waited so long for you, I don't want to force you but I will if you leave me no choice"
I kiss her head again.
"Autumn will come for you at seven.  Be ready"
I leave the room without giving her time to respond. 
I have less than two hours to get ready, so is she.
I mind link Autumn to go help Arla get dressed.
Thinking about her makes me want her more. Why can't she be like other she wolves,  drawn to me for strength and power.
I put on the dress that is generations old ,passed down from an alpha to an alpha, taken over by the new alphas when former alphas were killed.
I put the chain that is made out of seeds around my waist. Front and back covering my nakedness with rectangular pieces of crocodile skin , painted in gold. Only alpha blood can wear gold colour in the bonding period. I put bangles on my wrists and ankles.when I shift my wolf will have this on his hip, bangles on his legs.
I walk with pride and confidence to the gathering. All the pack members are here to witness this moment.  I stand in the middle, waiting for her , for the woman I would protect with my life.
No one makes a sound when she approaches.  Anklets making a soft sound with her confident steps. Everyone moves giving her space to go to her destiny, and she comes to me.
Lower part of her body is covered in crocodile skin just like me but her rectangles are long, covering her long legs,her upper body is covered in seeds giving nothing away,  it covers her fully.Her hair is pulled up, wearing the traditional head chain, and other jewellery.
As she comes closer to the bond fire in the middle , I forget to breath.  I knew a mate bond is powerful yet this is so consuming I will die just to see her like this.
The light that comes from the fire does things to her beautiful eyes. She looks like a queen with her unfailing confidence.  We both look at each other , eyes roamimg everywhere. 
How old is she? She looks so young at the moment,  so pure.

I take her hand untying my right bangle I tie it on her right arm, double knotting just to be sure.
I look at her and her eyes are worried looking for something in my brown eyes, then she kneels taking her anklet off she ties it around my right ankle.

She stands on my right as I say the words.

Dayna Aria  now Luna Arla