Hierarchy

Ar Pov

Fear, confusion, worry
No one was there to welcome me . My wolf didn't shift in to her human form for a week fighting the wolves that are of a threat to her. She counted the numbers at first, then somewhere down the line she lost track.
As she stood in the middle of the circle concentrating on higher rank wolves, Beta Jason was the first one to kneel giving me his submission. Slowly the pack follows.
This waves of power I'm feeling is too comprehensive. I understand why everyone wants this. She held her head high, salty wind making her midnight black fur dance.
She understands that this comes with a great responsibility, gone her violent nature to kill what's against her, her path is clear now.
I slowly go inside the room that has always been mine. So much of memories, so many tales that these walls could tell. Now in the history of wolf existence a pack has bent down to a she wolf. And these walls will tell a new story that would last for generations.
I mind link Jason to arrange a pack meeting. I have to name the hierarchy. But who can I trust in this pack.
No one
I look at my reflection in the mirror. I wouldn't call myself beautiful but I'm surely more than average but more importantly I'm elegant and powerful. I pick a gold colour long dress. Gold is the colour of alphas. And it remembered the night I sealed my soul to him.
I slowly ascend the stair case and walk to the clearing near the beach. The sea of wolves that I lead are here to hear me.
"I am no stranger to yoll. I am the first born of my father; your former alpha "
If they were surprised to hear this, they kept their mouth shut.
"I defeated my brother in a challenge and secured my birth right, and I assure you that I would need each and every one of your support to make this pack the greatest "
I look at them in the eye not keeping the eye contact for long, knowing that it would disturb them.
"All the positions are open for anyone. I will observe your performances and pick give you the positions as needed "
I pause , letting the meaning of my words sink in to their brains.
" Talent and loyalty, that's all I care about , trials will start from tomorrow "
I pause again looking at my pack.
" Do you have any inquiries? "
No one speaks and I don't know what to make out of that. Do they fear me or do they follow me?
"Let's all join for lunch"
I say standing first to go to the dining hall. I sit at the head chair of the long table. This chair has silently taken the weights of alphas, one after the other.
I fill my plate with food and start eating with my pack with a content heart.
I mingle with the crowd after dinner. Old friends, acquaintances pack trying to get my attention. I be with them with such an ease I find all these natural. I was born to lead.
After a long day I go to the bed hoping that all will go well tomorrow and forever.
I fall asleep dreaming about dark brown eyes and golden brown skin.
Next couple of weeks pass with days full of fights to pick the best warriors, exams to pick the council members. Usually packs don't pick council members but all my 22 years I figured being smart is as  important as being strong. I carefully mixed the young blood with old trying to explore the potentials.
After everything I named Jason to be my Beta too. That wolf is definitely something. I encouraged she wolves to train with the others so when the time comes they can join with my male warriors.
I was nothing but nature specifically when wolves disagree with my changes their necks met my teeth and claws. Finally I have managed to build my hierarchy, the people who would protect my neck over theirs.
Even with all these distractions my heart never stops beating to his rhythm. I couldn't sleep, my wolf constantly nagging to be closer to her wolf. But I knew I had to move forward, that it would never work.
"Alpha" Jason addresses me after knocking my office door.
"Yes Jason"
He enters with a serious face. If he was nervous, he hid it well. I made a good choice in reappointing him as my Beta.
"Alpha what are we gonna do about Adrian?"
His mere name drops my mood.
"He's not healed yet, we'll see when he gets better"
I say without leaving anything to a argument. I didn't need anything to know that he's alive. I could feel that he is. The bond we have is such that I knew my other half is there.
"Another thing alpha"
I look at his eyes, waiting for him to say the words that he's so nervous about.
"Pack is worried about your mate"
His words go straight to my heart . Klaus !
"What about him?"
I mere ask without showing any interest on the matter.
"Pack needs a Luna. I don't know how this is suppose to work but someone has to do a Lama's work"
This is beyond stupid. How can these wolves be this lame?
"My mate is no Luna, he is the alpha of the Amazon pack.I will look after both the responsibilities of an alpha and a Luna. I am the first daughter of a former Luna. I'm a born Luna as much as I'm a born alpha"
My words are little loud , this is a sensitive subject.
" Still the pack wants you to have him here, mates calm each other, help each other if you cross a wrong path, they give strength to each other"
He look at me with tired eyes.
"I have wolves who can provide all those, don't I? "
When he didn't answer I simply continue elaborating.
"Jason you know that he can't be here. Anyone would and should understand that. Then what's the need to press on a tonic that is of no use?"
"Yes alpha you're correct, you're very correct, forgive me" He stands up and walk out , leaving me to wonder in my own thoughts.
Next couple of weeks flew with everyone adopting to changes under my leadership. They eventually became the pack's marmalade route.
I met council members and also my warriors once a week, and visited my infirmary, school, training areas, bakery, pretty much everything in my free time, trying to get to know people, trying to make those operations a little bit better.
The alpha blood in my system always asked for more , leading my pack to focus on continuous improvements.
I have been paying attention to a juvenile at around 16 for past couple of weeks. She could be a warrior  if practiced hard. She's flexible, fast and strong.
As soon as I enter the facility I could tell that everyone was trying too hard to impress their alpha. My eyes notice her punching a bag gagging on the ceiling.
I walk silently towards her. She looks up and smiles, slightly bowing her head.
"Alpha"
This girl is so simple yet unique to be ignored. Her easygoing attitude makes me like her instantly.
"What's your name?"
"Ariana ,alpha"
"You fight well. Start training with other warriors from tomorrow onwards"
Her surprised look she gives is adorable in a way. She is nervous
" The warriors?"
She ask hesitantly.
"Yes , I will inform someone responsible about this" then after a moment I say " make me proud "look at her blue eyes.
Then I leave the facility to walk to the pack healer 'a house. I'm sure our infirmary has a lot of facilities but I have come to notice our healers are unaware of a lot of herbs.
The healer answers the door . She seems less surprised to see me. Somehow healers have a way of knowing things before they occur. I don't know whether they have some sort of a higher power but they are influenced by mother nature and they came influence the nature in return.
I walk in settling my self in a chair.

There's no need to waste time. "This is about your daughter "
She's silent but watches me with concern
"I thought it would be best if we send her to Amazon to learn from them. I have seen them bringing dead ,alive"
I remember how they cured me, and my brother.
I can't even visualize my brother as someone who would lay on a hospital bed for a long time but I have a feeling that he would be conscious again.
I want that kind of healing inside Olympic pack.
The healer doesn't say anything at first but then she understands it's not a choice but an order . I look around more in this little cottage , this is nothing compared to what they have at Amazon.
" We can send her next Saturday, Jason would handle all the things "
I say to her and stand up to come back. Her eyes holds me , they are  shining with an unusual light.
"I knew this would happen alpha, I will send her "
I nod ready to leave
"Alpha , he's hurting too. You two will find a way. Some things are meant to be " she says. She doesn't need to tell me who she was talking about, somehow I knew she was talking about Klaus and not about Adrian.

Returning to my office room I start to write a letter that the healer's daughter should take with her. My hand trembles with nervousness. He would touch this , my first letter to him. Exhaling I understand it has to be a formal one yet I fail to calm my rapidly beating heart.

Alpha Klaus
The girl who's carrying this letter has so much potential as a healer. Do the needful to help her expand her knowledge.
Olympic is forever great full for your generosity.
Yours faithful,
Arla

I use the name he gave me instead of my birth name that I use here. My silent way of telling him that he matters, that nothing has forgotten. I neatly put the letter in to an envelope and mind link Jason to come collect it from my office.
That night I dream about him but somehow I manage to sleep through all the dreams not waking up murmuring his name like most of the nights.