Calling

Arla Pov

It's the full moon again, the light of the moon is too much for my mind. The cool wind is a silent whisper to my ears. And the power is too much to be ignored tonight. I have been trying to sleep for almost 4 hours,but my nature pushes me to go there towards the creator who created us all ; the ware wolves.
This distress is nothing new to me, this happens every full moon ,some full moons are harder than some.
I get up and walk outside, knowing that no sleep will come today. Sand is cool and comfortable under my bare feet, salty wind graces me but nothing holds my focus like the shining yellow moon does. I never questioned about the moon goddess but I never truly believed either. But tonight I believed that she is, there is something Devine about the moon, the grace she holds.

The power is too overwhelming to be consumed or even tolerated. The tides within me matches the tides of the ocean. Strong and powerful drowning me to darkness and to the other side .

Suddenly I am not in Olympic anymore,the land smells of sand like a dessert. I see myself and another old woman wearing a white robe on the sand. Moon is bright on the sky. Another full moon. Somehow I am aware that this is not real and it feels like I'm looking through someone else's eyes. I walk closer to them , my eyes are open but doesn't blink , my black iris shining in the moon light. I stretch my hand to touch her.

Next moment I'm aware of my surroundings . I'm in Olympic sitting on the sand looking at the moon. My insides burn , suffocating me  with the after effects of the tides. After a while my tides are gone so are the waves of the sea. I have never seen the ocean this calm in my life. I underwent something that cannot be explained logically. Some how my nature knew it had something to do with the moon and I felt more power . What is the vision that I saw? My instincts told me it was the moon but my rational side refuses to believe so.
I slowly come back to my room. I don't know anyone who can ask about this. No one I can trust to ask something like this. Wolves would think that I'm sleep walking or that I have gone insane. So I have to look for answers on my own.
Saturday morning I start to worry visible enough for Jason to notice. Normally it is the Beta's job to protect his Luna while Alpha's focus is to the entire pack and it has been like that for generations, since I am both the Alpha and Luna for Olympic Jason treats me like an alpha most of the time and a Luna when he thinks I'm not well.
"I'm fine Jason "
"I can handle things if you want to make another trip to Amazon alpha"
I look at him before answering. Jason is a good wolf. He somehow sees me through my controlled,masked face.
"That won't be necessary Beta"
He doesn't say anything else knowing that it should not be pressed.
"I want the details about other packs Jason"
"All the others?"
"Yes all the others"
He hesitate for a moment.
"Why do you need the information about other packs ?"
My eyes snap to this wolf. I don't want to be questioned, Beta or not my authority is not an open discussion.
He holds my gaze not challenging exactly but not backing down either. My wolf surging forward a little I growl , wolf way of asking to back down.
He growls back.
"I am the Beta of this pack Alpha. If your interest is to conquer some pack or make friends I should know "

" This is for my personal interests Beta, where your concerns are not needed "
He stays there for another complete minute, then back down.

"I'll get the files for you alpha"

I don't remember much about Jason from my childhood. He has been with Adrian all the time , they knowing that they will be the future leaders of the pack. But I don't know much about him, it's like his life is not significant.  I don't remember him with she- wolves, or fighting with others. But what I understood at the early days I took over was Beta Jason is no game. Strongest from the rest of my warriors. And he's second to none at training. But I don't see him socializing much, speaking only when it is required. I always liked him even not knowing all his potentials. But I would be lying if I said I have never doubted his loyalty.

I went through all the files of the packs. My vision has to be either in the Oasis Pack that is based in Egypt or the Zaharins who are scattered in the South Asian region.

Both have deserts that are similar to my vision. Even if I find the exact pack I'm not sure how to find the old lady who was in the vision or how to even approach them. Most of them knew my brother and they won't be comfortable to welcome a female alpha who took his  position through a challenge.

I will find a way to find answers I just don't know how to . Putting my workout clothes I slowly went to the training area. Everyday I watch Jason training wolves, I can beat any of them but I know my limit is not this. I have never gone to a training as a teenager, I don't know the techniques. I fight the way my nature fights and I learn by observing.
The facility is haunted as it's not the training time. I run for hours on the treadmill, punch the bag then practice the techniques Jason taught in the morning. No one knows that I'm doing this and I think they shouldn't.
I have been doing this for months that the lessons are like second nature to me. I don't get exhausted easily like I used to get earlier.
I smell him and turn my attention to the intruder.
"Yes Beta?"
My voice calm , more controlled and focused after training.
He takes his t shirt off exposing his tanned skin.
"Are you spying on me?"
"I have known for a while "
One look at his eyes I knew he knows. He has kept my secret training a secret.
" why show up now then?"
I ask slightly irritated.
"You have learned all the techniques Aria, but using them on your enemy is another art, it needs practice "
With that he attacks me. We fight in human form. Punching dodging, kicking, the dance continues until I pin his down, full weight on his body hands squeezing his throat. Then I get up , he was really good , but he has to know that I am the Alpha.
Adrenaline is high my wolf puffed from the victory. Jason gets up not even flinching from the injuries. Then he drags me to a mirror near the punching bags.
"Look at you"
I have a black eye, my upper lip is bleeding , I have bruises all over my body. My nature is to jump at Jason , to hurt him more but his damaged body helped me to restrain that need.

" You lost, You can beat me, that's why you are the alpha and I'm the Beta. You have to beat me with minimum effort, minimum damage to your body, that's where the techniques come in"

I realize what he's saying. I have been a target and would be laying on my back if it weren't for my genes.
" You are born to lead , to fight and to win. And I don't have to teach the leopard to climb the trees. "
His explanation hits me to the core.

"Again "

I say taking the lead to the ring. From the corner of my eye I see a half smile on Jason's face.
For next couple of hours we practice We fought, Jason screamed Aria every time I went out of technique. Never once he called me Alpha , de dropped my title when he's teaching me. Somehow it doesn't offend me , I'm honestly grateful that he's being a teacher merely. In the ring he's not my Beta , we're just two wolves training.
We silently walk back to the facility, ignoring the glaring wolves.

After taking a hot shower attending to my wounds and finishing the dinner with the pack, I went to the healer's house. I can't bring myself to call Klaus. I am worried but my pride is too high to call him first after he disrespect me.
"Alpha"
She does not look surprised to see me at such a late hour.
The healer's den brings a certain calmness to my soul.
"How is your daughter's progress at Amazon?"
"Well I even talked to the older healer Alpha. Lissa is doing a great job there. She might actually join us back sooner than we think"
"Oh , that's very good"
I can't bring myself to ask her about Klaus, to see whether if Lissa had mentioned about his bear hunt. It's beneath me.
I get up , not wanting to stay longer.
I walk out without saying anything.
"And Alpha"
She stops me at the door. Kind smile on her face.
"Amazon Alpha has completed the hunt. They were cooking the bear for the dinner when Lissa called me"

I nod, not knowing what to say. I guess it was not that hard for her to figure out the true motive behind my visit.

In a way I always knew he was alive , otherwise I would have felt it through the bond, but I guess I needed a confirmation.
I wish I was there to celebrate his victory, I know that this is important to him and despite my disapproval I realize if it's important to him doesn't really matter why.
Yet even after so many hours starting at his contact on my phone, I couldn't bring myself to hit the call button.