Die Trying

Arla Pov

I hug him , embracing the warmth that is so familiar, so homely.
My love for him runs so deep, even with all the difference I know my heart will never betray this wolf.
"Sister"
He looks tired, bags hanging underneath his black eyes.
"Meet my mate Alice"
She smiles at me brightly but eyes don't  hold mine. Coward
I can't forgive her for asking Adrian to do a Mura that would have cost his life.

"I can't stay for long Adrian, I want to meet that she wolf "
I tell him walking in to the pack house, sitting at his table.
"I have to leave tomorrow morning Adrian, I have been staying away too much"
I tell him when he hesitate to call that she wolf.
She enters as if she's entering to her own castle, my wolf wants to rise from the threat she feels. A powerful female.
"Alpha Aria"
She settles herself down on a chair opposite to me. Looking at me with her unfailing determination. This will be hard for everyone.
"Do you realize the consequences of your actions? " I calmly ask her sipping my tea .
She looks around the room as if to check whether we're really out of anyone's ears.
"I understand Alpha Aria"
"Then it would be so easy to make the right decision, wouldn't it be?"
She takes a moment to reply.
"Yes it was not Alpha"
She's not aggressive but I don't need to ask what her decision is. She is a she wolf born and raised with pride.
"Damien is a good wolf, You should be happy and honored to be his mate"
"Well I would be , if he had some respect for me"
She's angry,nose getting a darker shade of pink. I stay calm knowing that her anger is not directed at me.
"What did he do"
"It's not what he did do Alpha,it's what he will do"
Realization hits me, Damien is the first Beta of Amazon, that means he would take his mate in front of all high ranking males and females in a way how an animal would take its mate. Its not in front of the entire pack, its a promise that the first Beta and his mate are willing to take over Alpha and Luna positions if any harm comes to their leaders. The ceremony is mere customary, but I understand any she wolf would be unwilling to go through this, specially this one.

" It won't be easy, but are you selfish enough to bring three packs into war because of you?"
I ask her, trying to play the guilt card.
"But you did the same thing "
She shouted at me , within seconds I have her pinned down to the wooden floor, her breath coming hard, tears leaking her eyes. She submits to me without even giving it a thought.
"I'm sorry Alpha"
I get off her returning to my seat. She gets her self up slowly returning to her seat, deep breaths are taken to calm her unsettled emotions.
"I fought on my own and I was hurt, my situation was severe but I used my teeth and claws to defend my pride, I didn't hide behind my Alpha's mate"
I snap at her cowardliness, she should not be doing this.
"Alice said the Alpha would protect me"
Alice , She's a coward to put my brother in this position, Trying to save her friend over death of other wolves.
"You know that Adrian can make you go right?"
I ask calmly not showing my displeasure to her.
"Alice won't let him"
Alice , she is like plague.
"So you would let wolves to die , and what if they win? You will have to go to a home where the wolves will hate you for your actions. Did you think about that?"
"We won't lose if we have you in our side"
My blood boils at her words, lesser wolves pulling the strings for selfish reasons. If this happens Titans will fall.
I don't say anything I know my words will not mend this wolf.
"If you were me, would you have gone?"
Her question surprises me. Would I have gone?
I give her a sharp look. "If I were you I would have killed him or would have died trying, I am no coward to hide behind dead wolves"
My words roar she looks down instantly. I am surprised of her choices, this wolf seems like a good wolf with pride, I don't know why she's doing this.Then again looks can be deceiving even to my observant eyes.
Walking out I find Adrian pressed against her.
She looks down the moment she sees me. She's no Luna.
I use my index finger to lift her chin up forcing her to look at me.
"Will you let hundreds of wolves to die so that you can keep your friend? , your own pack wolves to die? You are a Luna. Act like it!"
She smells of fear, Adrian pulls her to his arms.
"Don't threaten my mate Aria"
Looking at my brother I understand why he will not be a good Alpha. He can't take hard and fast decisions. This is why he was not born an Alpha. He simply can't.
"Will you stand by me Sister ?"
No matter what, I can't ignore him, I can't let them kill him, my only family.
"Yes, but one condition though"
He visibly tense, his hand tight around his mate.
"If we win Rosalie will be given to Amazon "
Alice gasps, her eyes wide at me.
"This is a pack, if one she wolf thinks that many should be sacrificed to save her own skin, that she wolf should no longer be in the pack"
I say this to Adrian but my eyes on Alice's face. She doesn't return the look. Hiding behind Adrian in all her cowardliness.
Without another word I go to my room for the night.
I leave Titans at the dawn without even staying for breakfast, I have responsibilities to my pack.
I was not even half way when my phone started to ring.
"Aria they have landed, please ,I need you here"
I sigh at his words, I was going to talk to Klaus , try to get his word that there will be no mating ceremony, but he has beaten me to it.
I mind link Jason to bring 100 warriors to Titans and meet me there as soon as possible. Turning the car back I go back to Titans as fast as this four wheels allow.
Hundreds of wolves, but it's his smell is what's strongest, the beast of the nature.
Klaus
I drive around the tree line and follow my brother's scent.
Standing by my brother, he visibly relaxes with my presence. And I bring my eyes to the ones already found mine.
Through the bond I could feel his rage, he is hurt that I have betrayed him.
"Stop all this Klaus "
"I only came to take what belongs to Amazon"
"Your wolf failed his Mura, He has no claim on her"
Adrian's voice strong with the support he has with my presence.
"It was not a reasonable one"
Klaus says voice calm , controlled. Years of practice to be patient, he is a tamed beast.
"Your customs are not reasonable "
I point out to him.
A growl comes from his chest I meet it with my own.
"Give us your word that there will be no mating ceremony , we will hand the she wolf over"
I say to Klaus, eyes going to Damien to see his reaction.
"My pack have expectations , Damien was given a Mura that cannot be completed , He will never betray his Luna"
Klaus screams .
He meets my eyes holding them.
"Is this the way you thank him Alpha Aria?"
Klaus sounds controlled but he's angry , his wolf wants his mate on his side, only if he knows how much I want to go to his side, but I can't leave my brother, even for him.
"What was the Mura?"
I ask looking at Adrian. His eyes doesn't look at me , head hangs with shame.
"We knew he will never act upon it Ar"
I wait for him to continue but he doesn't.
"It was to attack the Olympic Pack"
Damien speaks for the first time since they arrived. Silence
I take couple of extra minutes to calm my wolf down, she doesn't like what's happening. She feels betrayed and as if like she has been played.
Finally I break the silence.
"She doesn't want to do the ceremony, you give your word and take her"
I say trying to come to a common ground , I will have a discussion about the Mura with my brother later.
"Amazon only make deals with respectable wolves, Titans is proven traitors, asking a First Beta to fight his own Luna"
He screams his words and in all honesty I believe his words are true.
"We take what's ours, whatever it takes"
He says , his voice cold, brutal. A chill goes along with my spine.
"Are you declaring war on me Klaus?"
I ask him eyes burning to him, speaking to my mate , the man he promised before the moon that he would protect me.
"I declare war on Titans Alpha Aria, Whether I'm declaring war on you or not will depend on the side you stand "

It has all come down to this . The moon's wrath, the blood moon. I can't seem to stop this from happening. The sea of wolves waiting for their Alpha 's command.
"He's my brother Klay"
I whisper to him, but I know he can hear well.
"I'm your mate Arla"
He says , no one breaks the silence as we look at each other. He hates it as much as I am.
I didn't even notice her until she speaks, voice loud and clear.
"I'll go with them"
All eyes on her.
"What? You said you don't want to . Why do all this if you want to go?"
Adrian sounds relieved and confused at the same time.
"Forgive me Alpha Aria, with the Mura I never meant any harm to Olympic, Forgive me Alpha Adrian I appreciate how you would even go to war to protect the honor of a pack female "

Lots of growls of respect and honor could be heard from the Titans wolf.
May be this is the true honor of The Titans. I start to look at the wolves with more respect, who would have died protecting one's honor.

Then she looks at me and smiles before she walks to stand beside Damien.
"I decided to die trying "