A Valentine's Special Delivery

This chapter will be all in Jake's point of view.

For the next two weeks until her delivery date, Marley had to be on bed rest. Her doctor wanted her full term and was not happy with how we got into this predicament. Sometimes you have to seize the day unless your wife is nine months pregnant with twins then that doesn't apply.

I decided to work from home until after the babies came. Marley couldn't be alone at all. I found I got most of my work done while she slept. When she was up I was constantly running around. Guys, when a woman tells you they want to have a baby, don't. It's a trap!

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact we were going to be parents and it came from our love,but I was exhausted. Plus, I was trying to plan a special Valentine's Day for her well that was until the twins had other ideas.

I was sitting in my office making some calls when she appeared at my door with a confused look on her face, "I think I'm in labor?"

"You don't know?"

"Hello?! First baby or I should say, babies!"

Yeah, never questioned a hormonal woman. It doesn't end well. I grabbed our stuff and headed to the hospital. Marley was doing some breathing to help with the contractions. They took her back, getting ready. This gave me a few minutes to call a few people.

After they had her hooked up to monitors and situated I came in to see her. She looked tired. I pulled a chair next to her bed and held onto her hand. She looked at me.

"How are you doing beautiful?"

"Whoever said this is like cramps, lied."

I laughed at that one. She still had her sense of humor. Another one came and she squeezed my hand.

"Good?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"So, this is it. Soon we're going to have two beautiful babies."

"Jake, thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything," she answered.

"Marley you are my only love. Thank you for this." I leaned over and gave her a kiss, then the monitors started beeping. A nurse checked them, then left. We looked at each other confused.

She returned with the doctor a few minutes later who checked everything, then she looked at us with a concerned look, "Looks like the babies are coming but not naturally."

"What do you mean?" She asked, her voice almost breaking.

"Their heart rates are starting to drop and we need to get them out now. Marley looks at me, we are going to take you into the operating room and do an emergency c-section. You won't feel anything but will be awake, okay?"

She nodded with tears falling down her cheek. I tried to remain strong for her, but inside I was panicking. She grabbed my hand, "Jake please don't leave me!"

Her eyes were full of terror, "Never Marley."

"Oh god," she screamed and the monitors went off erratically.

"We have to move now!"

They rolled her quickly to the emergency room and a nurse kept me out! What the hell?! That's my wife and she needs me! They wouldn't let me in.

I paced back and forth waiting. Our parents arrived, then Mikey and Maddie.

"Jake! Where is my baby?" Her mom yelled.