Secret Santa

It was finally Christmas break and I couldn't wait to have two weeks off of school. Cupid told me he had a surprise for me and hoped I would like it. He said it would be the ultimate romantic present. I thought Valentine's Day was the ultimate day for romantic surprises and presents. I guess Christmas was number one.

He was pretty busy doing Cupid things because of Christmas. People asking what to get their girl/boyfriends. How to make a proposal? Those kinds of things had him tied up. I gave him a break considering he had something planned for me.

Jake's dad was home for a few days, so Jake decided to stay home to spend time with him. I figure I would see him after Christmas. I did kind of miss him when he wasn't here.

It was Christmas Eve and we were celebrating with friends and family. Mikey, Maddie, and their families were here as well. It was nice, but I really missed the Cupid.

I was sitting on the couch talking to Maddie and Mikey when my phone vibrated.

Merry Christmas beautiful - CV

Merry Christmas handsome - M

Since I'm busy with Cupid stuff I enlisted help from someone.

Who?

He'll be at your door shortly. Please answer it and remember I love you.

I looked at my phone confused. I heard a knock at the door. I rushed to the door, leaving everyone confused. I opened it to find Santa standing there.

Everyone yelled Santa and invited him in. He came in and I closed the door.

In the worst Santa voice, he said, "Ho, ho, ho! Is there a Marley here?"

"I'm Marley."

"I was asked to deliver your present by, what was his name, ah yes, Cupid Valentine," he said in a gruff voice.

Everyone had their eyes glued on us. He leaned down looking me in my eyes, "Merry Christmas beautiful."

"Cupid?"

"The one and only," he said as he smiled at me.

I looked at him wide-eyed.

"My special present is who I am really. Before you pulled my beard down, please remember what I said to you in my last text message."

I reached up and took off his glasses and removed his beard, then took off the wig. I was shocked.

"Jake?!"

He smiled, then his expression turned worried. He turned his back, but I grabbed him, turning him around and threw my arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss.

He was shocked at first, but put his arms around my waist, lifting me up and kissing me back. We lost ourselves in that kiss so much, we forgot the room was full of family and friends.

I heard someone yell, "It's about time!" He set me down and I looked at everyone shyly. "With all the secretive movement around here, I wondered if you two would ever get together."

"Mom!"

"Just kiss again already, so we can finish opening gifts." Everyone started laughing. He leaned in and kissed me once more before taking a seat in a chair as I sat on his lap.

After everyone opened gifts, I stood up, taking his hand and leading him upstairs. He looked a little confused until we went into my room and I closed the door. I had my back to him as he looked at me. There were so many things I want to ask and so many I wanted to say until I finally said the one thing I needed to be told, "You lied to me."