Winter Formal

After patching things up with Cupid, I kept my distance from Jake. I didn't want to ruin things again as I almost did this last time. I kept things short and sweet with Jake. He was busy with football and I was busy with school.

Winter formal was coming up and I really wanted Cupid to be my date. Who knows, maybe I will actually see him without a mask?

I sent him a text.

Busy? - M

Just working on some Cupid things, what's up beautiful? - CV

Winter formal is coming up. I thought we could go together.

I have some Cupid stuff to take care of but I'm sure I could squeeze in some time for you 😉.

If you're busy with Cupid stuff I'll understand.

I'm never too busy for you, beautiful.

Great! I can't wait to see you!

Till then beautiful. I love you.

I love you too.

Finally, it's time to see who Cupid really is.

*****
Cupid Valentine

This was going to be tricky, no mask, no problem. Now I just have to figure out how to keep my identity hidden till it was time. The timing was key. I needed to enlist some help and I knew who just to enlist.

*****
Winter formal was upon us. Maddie and I went shopping as the guys rented tuxes. I picked out a blue and white gown. I couldn't wait to see Cupid. Since he knew where I lived I didn't have to worry about sending him the address.

I finished dressing and waited on Cupid to pick me up. I sat there and waited to look at the time on my phone. I text him and he said he was running late. So I waited. As it got later I realized he wasn't coming.

I decided to go up to my room. Might as well forget tonight. I sat on my bed with tears falling from my eyes when I heard a knock on my door frame. I furiously wiped my eyes with my hands trying not to show I was crying.

"What are you still doing here?" Someone said.

I looked up and Jake was leaning against the door frame in a tux.

"Can you believe I got stood up?"

"You? Why would you get stood up?"

"Well, Cupid said he was running late and obviously not going to show. It was stupid to think tonight would be special," I said, wiping a tear away with my hand.

He walked over and looked at me in the eyes, "Who said you're not special?"

I looked at him with glassy eyes.

"Listen you're all dressed and I'm all dressed, why don't I take you to the dance?"

"What about your girl?"

"She's a little busy at the moment and I think she would understand. Now dry your eyes and let's go have some fun."

I wiped my nose with a tissue and dried my eyes. Jake held out his arm and I looped my arm around it. We were off to the dance.

When we arrived Maddie and Mikey met us. We talked, then all of us made our way to the dance floor. After dancing Jake went to the bathroom. I decided to get some punch.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated.

I'm so sorry beautiful. Cupid stuff took longer than expected. I hope you liked who I had helped me out. Meet me in the East Hall. I'll be waiting. - CV