Snowed in

The weatherman reported a bad snowstorm was making it's a way to us. But you know weathermen, they were usually wrong except this time they were right for once.

A bunch of us were at my house hanging out when the snow started and was expected to last through the morning. I hated when it snowed like that because we got trapped and I like my freedom.

Mikey, Maddie, Jake and I were hanging out watching movies when we heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered it to find Hunter, Tyler and a couple of girls standing there freezing.

Jake met them at the door.

"What's going on?" He looked at them concerned.

"My car got stuck taking them home," he pointed at the others. "Can we stay here until a tow truck comes?"

"That may be a while," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Everything is close till the storm passes."

By this time my mom came into the room, rubbing her arms, "Marley, let the poor kids inside. It's freezing out there and we aren't paying to heat the outside. Come in kids and I'll make everyone hot cocoa."

"Thanks, Mrs. Cassidy," Hunter said.

I let them in and closed the door. Everyone found a spot to sit. I noticed Mikey seemed more nervous than usual and the two girls were whispering to each other than shooting him a glare.

He got up and dragging me into the kitchen. He was pacing back and forth, then looked at me, "You have to get rid of them."

I was a bit confused, "Why?" Then it hit me who they were. "Are you kidding me?! Have you seen it outside? I can't send them away because they have to be the flavor of the week!"

"Shh, will you keep it down," as he came close to me.

I put my hands on my hips, "Mikey, I told you your fuckboy ways would catch up with you."

"Language!"

"Sorry mom," I yelled.

"Come on, help a bff out and I promise you can lecture me all you want later when they aren't here."

I shook my head, "Fine, but if this goes south it's your funeral."

"Thank you I owe you one."

"I'll be right back." I walked out of the kitchen and whispered something to Maddie and she got up and followed me back into the kitchen. Everyone looked at each other.

"He did what?!"

I leaned over, looking through the doorway and smiled, "Um, Jake could I see you in the kitchen."

He shrugged and walked into the kitchen. It was quiet for a few minutes, then he yelled, "Oh hell no!"

"Language!"

"Sorry Mrs. Cassidy!" Jake yelled to mom. We all stood there in the kitchen. "There is no way I'm doing that!"

"Keep your voice down," Maddie whispered.