Graduation

Yes, we did actually leave the hotel room. My parents would question us if we didn't. Of course, we fibbed and said we crashed with Mikey and Maddie. I don't think they bought it, but they just let it go.

We had finals to get through before graduation, then the summer before college. We all camped out at my house studying away. There was even a point we all fell asleep on the living room floor.

I woke up to find my head laying on Jake's chest as his feet were on the couch and his back on the floor. He was snoring softly. I got up and made some coffee. Mom was wiping the counters.

"Morning," I yawned.

"You look exhausted honey."

"Only a few more finals to get through."

"Well, make sure you all take a break."

"Not until we're done with finals. I just want to get through the next few days. "

My mom gave me a soft smile as I grabbed the second mug of coffee and took it to Jake. When I came back into the living room, he was awake sitting up. I handed him the cup and sat down next to him.

"Thank you beautiful."

"You're welcome, handsome."

"Any more coffee?" Mikey yawned.

"It's in the kitchen. Mom made a fresh pot."

"Good, I feel half dead."

He got up and went into the kitchen. Maddie finally woke up sitting up, "Ugh, I feel like death."

"Coffee is on, in the kitchen," I said as I took a sip.

"Thank god. I think my brain is fried."

She stood up, stretching then headed towards the kitchen. I yawned.

"Tired?"

I nodded.

"Only a couple more days, then we can relax before heading off to college."

"Thank god. I didn't think it would be this hard."

"Tell me about it."

He gave me a kiss and we went back to studying. The next three days were brutal, but we got through it and passed all of our finals. I was so glad it was finally over. Even though I was sad to leave high school behind and the memories we created there I was happy to start a new chapter in my life.

We had an award ceremony and Jake got an award for being captain and Mikey got MVP. Maddie got an award in art and I got an award in English. Jake also was named valedictorian of our class. He earned it since he maintains top grades throughout all four years of high school.

Then came graduation. All our parents were there. Mom cried, dad beamed with pride. Mikey's parents were excited with his mom fussing over him. Maddie's parents were happy with her mom crying. Jake's dad even came, hugging him.

They called Jake to the stage and he took to the podium, "Good afternoon fellow graduates, faculty and parents. Today we come together to graduate as adults. I had thought about planning my speech, but hell I'm going to wing it. Four years ago I helped this freshman pick up her books. As I looked into those big eyes, I saw something I knew the rest of us needed, hope. As most of you know I created Cupid Valentine as a lark and sure I answered letters tongue in cheek until one day I came across this letter from the same girl. She had confessed her feeling for me without knowing it was me. At first, I figured I would help her find someone else but over time as we talked I got to know her and I'm glad I did. It wasn't until we started texting that I really got to know her and realized how special, she truly was. As time passed, I fell in love with this beautiful soul. If it wasn't for that first meeting and letter, I would have missed out on the greatest opportunity to meet someone special. When you go out into that big world, take a chance because you never know when you're going to find that once in a lifetime experience. Thank you and please move your tassels as we graduate."

I watched him intently as he spoke and saw he looked just at me when he talked about us. My heart filled with so much love for him at that moment.

They called our names and each of us went up to get our diplomas. Afterward Jake ran through the crowd calling my name, "Marley!"

Once he reached me, he picked me up, swinging me around, "We did it, beautiful!"

"We sure did, Cupid!"

He gave me a hug, then set me down, "Come on, it's time you met my dad."

He grabbed my hand, taking me to meet his dad. We walked up to him and he was with my parents.

"Dad, I want you to meet someone. This is my girlfriend Marley."

He looked at me and I looked back at him. I reached out my hand and he pulled me into a hug. Apparently, this family is a bunch of huggers.

He let go of me, "It's great to finally meet the girl that my son has talked about all these years and captured his heart."

"You knew?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"Why do you think I asked your parents to let him stay with you all?"

I looked at my parents as they grinned, "You both knew too?"

"Joe asked me for a favor and explained how his son was fond of you and told us the whole story," dad explained.

"Then when he wanted to reveal who Cupid was, he enlisted our help," mom grinned. "It was so romantic to see all the things he did and when he came up with the secret Santa idea, I knew you would love it."

I was shocked. Not only did our parents conspire with Jake, but they also helped us get together.

"Marley, when Jake's mother passed away when he was in the eighth grade, he was so down, I didn't think he would ever be happy again. Sure, he played football to take his mind off of things, but the day he met you I saw him happy for the first time in months."

Wow, I never knew what happened to his mom and he never talked about her. It pained my heart a little. Jake noticed my expression changed and leaned over, "Don't be sad. She would have loved you as much as I do. Plus, she did tell me one day I meet the woman I would marry and she would have all the qualities you have. I just had to see her heart. That's why I gave you the locket. It was my mother's."

I pulled the locket out and looked at it. Then I remember what he said to me one time.

Marley, you have the one thing people need, hope. I looked into those big eyes and saw hope.

I never took it off because I held onto hope.

"Marley?"

"A wise person once told me that you need hope, and when you have that you will find love."

He smiled. "I guess I found my hope," I said grabbing his hand. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into him.

We all went out to dinner with our parents to celebrate. It was a great night being with everyone. He leaned over and whispered something in my ear. I blushed.

After dinner, everyone went home except Jake and I. We drove to a secluded place and he parked the car. He pulled me onto his lap and we started kissing. I felt his hands move under my skirt as he ran his hands up my thighs. I reached down and pulled down his zipper. His kiss became deeper and he pulled my panties aside, moving me on to him.

He moved inside and I grabbed his hair, making him moan as our lips met. He went faster and I felt my body shake, then we couldn't take it anymore both and let go. As we caught our breaths, he looked into my eyes, "I love you, Marley."

This surprised me. He rarely uses my name when he tells me he loves me. I looked at him, "I love you more Jake." His lips met mine and we went round two.

*****

Over the summer, Jake and I spent as much time as we could together before heading off to our respective colleges. His dad finally came home permanently and we spent time at each other's house.

Mikey and Maddie got into the same college, which they were so excited about. Yes, they were still together. Maddie had him wrapped around her finger which was pretty funny.

Jake and I still did the Cupid thing and yes, even when we left for college, we still text like we did before we got together. I finally got my Cupid and he finally got the girl.