Take a chance

I decided to just avoid Jake. I didn't need to feel any worse than I already did. I hid out in my room looking out my window doodling in a notebook.

I would go to school and sit in a seat as far away from him as I could. The less contact I had with him the better. I hung out with Maddie and Mikey and when Jake walked towards me I walked away. Needless to say, this left my friends a little confused.

At lunch, I was sitting on a bench outside alone. Maddie had something to do and Mikey was practicing. I was just doodling when my screen lit up. I opened it.

Why are you eating alone? - CV

How did you know, wait, that's right, we go to the same school? Maddie is busy and Mikey is practicing. - M

What about Jake?-CV

Yeah, no, the less we see each other, the better.

Do you really think this is the answer?

For right now, yes.

Avoidance, it's what people do when they are being big babies.

You should know.

Touché.

Is that all you want, to harass me about Jake?

No, just making sure you're okay.

In time. Just right now I look at romance as being a big No.

Romance is great. Just give it a chance.

For others, it's just not for me.

Well, just think abt it.

Sure.

Ttys beautiful.

Oh, Cupid, I love you, but sometimes I think you're way off the mark. Romance eludes me and always will.

*****
Cupid Valentine

I laughed at the baby comment. I love her sense of humor. I just hated seeing her beat herself up. Maybe it was time to change her mind. It was risky, but I needed her to see romance was worth it even if she doubted it.

******

I was on my way out of the school when I felt someone grabbed me and put their hand over my mouth. Great, I'm going to die. Thank you, Stephen King.

They whispered in my ear, "I'm going to pull my hand away, but you have to promise not to scream."

I nodded my head quickly and they removed their hand. He turned me around, "Jake?!"

I looked at him confused and he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?! Put me down," I yelled, pounding on his back.

We walked through the parking lot as people stared at us, "It's okay. She twisted her ankle so she can't walk. Nothing to see here."

"I did not twist my ankle!"

"Yes, you did. You're delirious. You must have a fever. I'm taking you to the doctors right now!"

He tossed me over the car door, making me land in the most uncomfortable position. He jumped in, turning over the engine and sped out of the parking lot.

We pulled up to a park with a boardwalk. I turned to him, "Was that really necessary?!"

"No, not usually, but in your case most definitely," he smirked.