Senior trip

Do you know how most senior classes took a senior trip during their last year? That's what we did. This year, since it was still cold, we ended up taking a ski trip. Unfortunately, I don't know how to ski, but everyone else did.

I stayed on the bunny hill, falling many times, while everyone hit the mountains. Jake had been skiing since he was a kid. He and Mikey had a competition on the more dangerous runs and here I was stuck on the bunny hill. Maddie stuck to the easier runs.

As Jake and Mikey were going down a run they heard screaming. Mikey looked at Jake, "Don't you think she should be screaming your name?"

He slugged him in the arm, "You mean like your's screaming your name last night?"

"We weren't that loud!"

"Yeah, sure you weren't loud. Marley and I were laughing so much we couldn't get any sleep last night."

"Well, if you both were taking care of business instead of listening to my girl and me, you would have."

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes. If you haven't noticed, that is a person's way of saying f*** you. "Let's finished so I can pick up Marley on my way back."

"Fine by me. I told Maddie I would meet her at the rental place."

They finished their run while I was trying to get the hang of it. Jake walked up to find a kid trying to help me up. He chuckled walking over to me, "Need help beautiful?"

"Please."

He removed my skis and helped me up. We gathered them up and returned our ski boots along with our rental skis, putting our snow boots on in their place. As we walked, someone hit me with a snowball. I turned around and Maddie was pointing at Mikey who was pointing at Maddie.

"Oh, it's on!"

I gathered some snow and threw it right at Mikey hitting him in the face. He returned fire, but I hid behind Jake, who got hit by the snowball.

"Oh, that's it, all of you are going down," he said grabbing some snow. We ended up throwing snowballs at each other with Mikey, picking up Maddie and carrying her off as Jake tackled me in the snow. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I stopped laughing, looking at him. He leaned down and softly kissed me making it sweet and tender. I wrapped my gloved hands around his neck. He pulled back and looked at me, "I love you, Marley."

I looked back at him, "I love you too, Jake." Then he gave me one more kiss, helping me up then flinging me over his shoulder. I didn't fight him this time and just let him carry me since I was tired anyway.

When we returned to the ski lodge, we went up to our room and took off our snow gear. I bet you're wondering how we ended up in the same room. Well, we snuck into each other's room when the teachers weren't looking. We figure if they did check, we would swap back.

We headed downstairs to the main room and sat on the couch with me curled up into him, letting the fire warm us. Mikey brought the three of us hot cocoa, then sat down next to Maddie putting his arm around her. Today was perfect.

We got ready for bed and I was covered up reading when Jake came in with pajama pants hanging on his hips, shirtless. He climbed into bed and snuggled up to me pulling my book away, tossing it onto the floor.

We turned off the light and snuggled together while I thought about something. He was lying there when I leaned over and whispered something in his ear.

His eyes popped open, turning on a light. He sat up, pulling his legs up wrapping his arms around his legs. I sat up.

"What's wrong?"