Halloween party

After that day in the park and Jake kidnapping me, we were on better footing with each other. We even started eating lunch with each other and I even started watching him practice after school. I figure since he was my ride, might as well plus I would work on homework.

Cupid and I also talked more and he would keep me calm down when I wanted to freak out. I love talking to him and couldn't imagine my life without him. He would tell me about some of the people he was helping and I would joke with him. I still told him he was missing the diaper and arrows. He always laughed at that one.

Halloween was in a few days and of course, there was a costume party happening. Mikey was having the party which meant Maddie and I were invited. Jake had other plans with his cousin and some friends. I think secretly he was spending time with the girl he told me about.

Don't get me wrong I was happy he found someone other than the evil queen, I just wish I could find someone like that. Then again, I did have Cupid.

I figure why not ask Cupid to be my plus one. What's the worst he would say? No, scratch that or I just jinxed myself.

I opened my message and compose a text.

Busy? - M

Not really, just answering some Cupid letters. What's up? - CV

Mikey is having a Halloween party.

Sounds fun.

I was wondering if u would be my plus 1?

I would love to be your plus one, beautiful.

Great!

Txt me the addy and I will meet u there.

How will I know it's u?

I'll be dressed as Zorro, holding a single red rose.

Sounds good.

I finished with sending him the address, date and time.

*****
Cupid Valentine

I couldn't believe she asked me out this time. This was like a dream come true. The last time I had a chance to hold her was at the masquerade dance. That was also the last time we shared a kiss. Finally, I get a chance to have her in my arms once again. I couldn't wait.

I turned off my phone and went back to answering my letters.

*****

Maddie and I went shopping for Halloween costumes. She decided to dress like a pirate and I decided I didn't know what I wanted to be. I always have this issue even as a kid.

"Will you pick something already?" She demanded in a frustrated tone.

"I have no idea what I want to wear. Come on, you know I always have a hard time deciding."

"Come on Marley, we only have two hours till the party and we still need to get ready!"

"All right, all right, guess I'll be a black cat," I said, finally choosing a costume.

"It's about time."

We hurried and paid for our costumes. We went back to my house and got ready and my parents dropped us at Mikey's with the same rule: no drinking. I didn't drink anyway, so it was fine by me and Mikey always had pop on hand for us. I know I'm such a party animal.

*****
Cupid Valentine

I made a quick phone call before putting the finishing touches on my Zorro costume. It was risky, but so worth it.