The plan

I finally got my cast off, which I was so relieved to have happened. Man, it itches and trying to take a shower was nearly impossible. It was the same thing with everyone. I had sort of gotten used to. Who was I kidding? It sucked.

I was getting ready for school when my phone vibrated.

Beautiful I know I'm the last person you want to hear from and you're probably angry and confused. I don't blame you. I would be angry with the person who broke my heart too, but I need you to put that aside. Hard to do right? Trust me on this. I never meant to hurt you and I will do everything to make it up to you, I promise. - CV

You have surprises coming your way. You may not be happy with me right now, but when you receive them, but you will understand the meaning. Btw, I wish I could have been there when you got your cast off ☹️. I'm an idiot, but this idiot loves you, forever and always, Cupid.

Okay, now I was really confused. It had been a couple of weeks since we talked. I didn't even know if there was an us, but now my curiosity was peaked. What did that idiot plan? Guess I will wait and see.

I walked into school and heard people whispering. I just ignored them. At this point, they all had stopped what they were doing and were watching me. I opened my locker and inside was lots and lots of red roses. There was a note.

Beautiful there is a rose for each day we were apart. Love Cupid.

I composed a text.

Thanks for the flowers. Now you can take them home since I have to walk home 🤨. - M

I turned off my phone and went to class.

*****
Jake

"Well, what did she say?" Mikey asked.

"She said thanks and I can take them home for her."

"Oh," he said to me.

"That's okay, time for phase two," I smiled at Mikey and Maddie.

*****

The next day the same thing happened, I went to my locker and inside was the biggest teddy bear, I had ever seen.

Attached was a note,

Beautiful here is something soft and cuddly to cheer you up when you're feeling blue. Love Cupid.

I composed a text.

Really? A big stuff animal?! I hope you have room in your car? And thanks btw. - M

*****
Jake

"Phase 3."

*****

The third day I went to my locker and opened my locker with chocolates waiting for me. Attached was a note.

Beautiful here is something sweet for a sweet girl. Love Cupid.

I composed a text.

Now I'm going to get cavities. Thanks for the chocolates. - M

*****
Jake

"Phase four."

"If this doesn't get her to come to you I don't know what will," Maddie said.

"She's going to be pissed," grinned Mikey.