Keeping a secret

Cupid Valentine

I came in closing the door, removing my mask and costume. I folded them and packed them away. I changed into something comfy. I lay down and stared at the ceiling. I can't believe I finally admitted to her how I felt and the best part she felt the same way.

Then it hit me, she loves Cupid Valentine. How the hell is she going to feel about the person behind the mask? This is going to take some finesse.

My screen lit up.

Thank you for a wonderful night. - M

Anytime beautiful. - CV

Maybe I can do this love thing.

Why do you say that?

Because you make it easy.

Well, I am Cupid after all. Love is in my blood.

I'm glad.

So am I.

I love you Cupid.

I love you too beautiful.

Night.

Night.

Phase two completed now on to phase three.

*****
I smiled at his texts, then turned off my phone, tossing it aside. I decided to say Goodnight to Jake.

I knocked on his door frame and he was laying on his bed while on his phone. He must be talking to his new girlfriend. He was smiling as he turned off his phone and put it on the side table.

"What's up?" He looked at me casually.

"Just coming to say Goodnight."

He scooted over, patting his bed for me to join him. I walked over and laid down next to him.

"Did you have fun at the party?"

"Yeah, it was fun."

"Who was your friend?"

"Who Mikey?"

"No Zorro."

"Ever heard of Cupid Valentine?"

"The guy that does Cupid's Letters?"

"The one and only," I said.

"Huh, I thought it was some chick."

"Nope, it's a guy."

"That guy has been pretty elusive. No one knows who he is. I'm surprised to see him at Mikey's party."

"Guess it takes a special person to bring him out."

"So, what are you and this guy a thing now?"

"Maybe, I just know the way I feel about him, I've never felt about anyone before. The funny part is when I first met him I could have sworn I knew him."

"Maybe you did." He shrugged.

"Maybe, what about you? Were you talking to that girl you were telling me about when I knocked?"

"Yeah."

"She must be pretty special," I said to him.

"She is. I even got to see her tonight."

"I thought you went to haunted houses?"

"We did."

"Oh, how did that go?"