Time jump: 5 years later

You thought our story was done? It was far from it. We did go off to separate colleges. We continued to text and when we had a break, we made up for a lost time. A lot of lost time.

During freshman year Jake injured his knee killing his football career. He lost his scholarship, but his dad paid his tuition. He tried a different avenue.

Jake would send me red roses for those special moments and always remember our anniversary and my birthday. He even showed up as, Santa on Christmas. We did continue with Cupid stuff. It helped us find each other and now we can help each other.

Mikey and Maddie were still together, even getting engaged to each other. They were set to get married after we all graduated. Jake and I wanted to wait for the right moment. We were still trying to stay together being miles apart. I wasn't worried.

*****

Five years past since we all left for school. I was set to graduate next week as was Jake, which made it hard. Mikey and Maddie already graduated and were planning their wedding.

It started storming outside and I was finishing up my last paper for my last class. I thought about Jake, but needed to maintain my focus if I was ever going to finish this paper.

Then my phone vibrated. Speak of the devil.

Hey beautiful. - CV

Hey handsome. - M

Busy?

Just finishing up my very last paper.

Sounds fun.

If you mean by the difference of different commerce? Sure.

Lol, there's that sense of humor.

I try.

Can you take a break?

Cupid as much as I like our naughty time I really need to get this paper done.

Ok, who's the perv now?

Not my fault you corrupted me.

Sure, sure.

Uh huh.

Well, sometimes you need to stop and dance in the rain 😉.

I read his text and dropped my phone on my bed. I grabbed my raincoat and headed out of the dorm. There he was, standing in the rain. I ran over, jumping on him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I looked at him, "What are you doing here?!"

"Well, I had to see my girl graduate."

"What about your graduation?"

"I was able to graduate last month. I told them I wouldn't be there for the ceremony so they gave me my degree early. Plus, you're more important."

I gave him a kiss. He set me down, "Now how about that dance?"

He put his hand on my waist, taking my other hand into his, pulling me into him. Then we danced as the rain fell upon us. As we danced, he twirled me then leaning me into a dip. We danced around as we glided over the water, getting soaked. I didn't care. Sometimes you have to dance in the rain.

I missed being in his arms and buried my head into his chest while we swayed back and forth. This was where I was supposed to be. Jake was my home and I was home.