Sometimes you have to dance in the rain

It had been a week since Jake and I talked in my bedroom and things weren't as awkward as they were the night we walked home from the library. We did actually talk more and yes I would fill Cupid in on everything. He thought we were making progress at least.

I was still unsure of it all though. I had my doubts. Jake and I decided to go for ice cream one evening after dinner. It was still a little warm even though, fall was right around the corner.

We were walking around enjoying our ice cream in the park when I felt a couple of drops fall from the sky then it started to rain. We made it under a pavilion even though we got a little wet. We climbed onto a picnic table and finished our ice cream.

"Well, that was unexpected," he said.

"With this weather, you never know. I guess we're stuck here until it stops."

"At least we have each other to keep company."

"I guess so."

We started talking and our conversation morphed from school to football, then eventually the evil queen.

"I can't believe you dated her."

"Don't remind me."

"Why did you date her?"

"To be honest, I don't even know myself. She's not even my type."

"So, what is your type?"

He sat there a minute, thinking, "I guess I would say someone that was kind, funny, smart, caring and being cute wouldn't hurt either but it's not the main thing. What about you?"

"Probably the same and someone I can talk to."

I shook my head thinking about the things Cupid and I talked about.

"What?"

"I was just thinking about something."

"What is it?"

"It's nothing."

"Tell me."

"Okay. I guess one thing would be romantic. You know where he grabs my hand, thinking no one is looking. Gives me a flower, just one. Smiles when he looks at me. Be silly with me where it's a joke, no one gets but the two of us, just the simple things."

I sat there watching the rain. He looked at me watching the rain. Before I knew it, he jumped off the table, grabbing my hand pulling me out into the rain.

"What are you doing?!"

"You'll see."

He put my one hand on his shoulder while he put a hand on my lower back. Then he took hold of my other hand and we danced. We moved around splashing through puddles as he twirled me around, dipping me and dancing in the rain.

He spun me around until my back was against his chest and he wrapped his arms around me as we swayed back and forth. Then he turns me till I was facing him and we glided back and forth. Every time he dipped me, I laughed as the rain hit my face. We were soaked, but I didn't care. I was having too much fun.

We stopped and he looked into my eyes as we both started to lean in until I sneezed. He wiped his face as I apologized. Way to kill the mood, Marley. Then it happened, I started sneezing.

"Come on. It's time to get home before you catch pneumonia."

I ran after him as we made it to his car. He drove as I sneezed all the way home. Great, just when I thought things were becoming friendly I had to ruin it by sneezing in his face. Oh well, I guess it was too good to last.